Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Firmware 1.11

I don't know if it is my imagination, but since Pentax returned my camera's K10D's and since my firmware update, it seems that my exposures are better. They don't seem as underexposed...

03-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I don't know if it is my imagination, but since Pentax returned my camera's K10D's and since my firmware update, it seems that my exposures are better. They don't seem as underexposed...
I certainly respect your sense of this and doubt that you'd be imaging things.

I'm pleased to note that the 1.11 firmware update is now available on the Pentax North America site, here. I've downloaded and am installing right now.

Will

Correction: I'm sure that Ben is "imaging" things all the time. I meant to say "imagining." ;-)
03-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #3

I tried out the new firmware to see if it would have an effect on the manual exposure of M or K lenses.

K45-125: better, but still all over the place.

M50mm /1.4: same

Will test the M 200/4 and 20/4 later.

But it seems that this is not the solution. The Sekonic still has to do it's work!
03-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Firmware upgrade Quirks

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Interesting... I had the same experience with a firmware upgrade on the *istDL2. I had gone so far as to take it in to a trusted tech to have the meter checked on his bench. He confirmed the underexposure problem for me. I thought I'd try the new firmware before taking the camera in to Pentax to be recalibrated. It has been spot on in the field and on the bench since then. My guess is that the upgrades have picked up refinements to the metering algorithms (by design or otherwise).

03-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yes it is a tad brighter adn the tint changes a bit too. Took the same image roughly and the tint was -2 from v1.10 and the curve moved from left to right. Pictures do expose a bit better so i'm hapy for this little update.
03-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #6

Firmware image download speed up?

I am not sure if I am just wishful thinking or not but after applying the 1.11 update my K10 seems to download images faster to Iphoto. I did not try to Aperture but I noticed an apparent speed up on downloading some test shots this evening.

I quite often will move the card to an external reader as it is always faster than direct from the camera.
03-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

it should be an interesting thread this one.. he he

trog

03-08-2007, 01:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You Know Something..

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianK Quote
I am not sure if I am just wishful thinking or not but after applying the 1.11 update my K10 seems to download images faster to Iphoto. I did not try to Aperture but I noticed an apparent speed up on downloading some test shots this evening.

I quite often will move the card to an external reader as it is always faster than direct from the camera.
I have a feeling, that rather than expressing certain defaults in a system and stating that they will be solving them as a firmware update, companies address these problems without any form of communication to the public and they disappear as if they never happened in the first place, so new users never even knew they existed as an issue.
03-08-2007, 01:53 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Do remember that applying v1.11 means that there is no turning back. You cannot put back older firmware such as v1.1.

So if you need to adjust your AF using the service mode, make sure you are done with it before considering upgrading to v1.11.
03-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #10
Veteran Member

"So if you need to adjust your AF using the service mode, make sure you are done with it before considering upgrading to v1.11."

or if u consder one thing more important than the other dont "upgrade" your firmware.. its not obligatory..

whats also not known is whether or not the new firmware will return any user tweaks back to what pentax consider safe defaults.. i think it will..

trog
03-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tweeks

QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
"So if you need to adjust your AF using the service mode, make sure you are done with it before considering upgrading to v1.11."

or if u consder one thing more important than the other dont "upgrade" your firmware.. its not obligatory..

whats also not known is whether or not the new firmware will return any user tweaks back to what pentax consider safe defaults.. i think it will..

trog
When my update was done, all my "tweaks" were preserved.

Last edited by benjikan; 03-15-2007 at 10:16 AM.
03-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #12
Veteran Member

the hidden ones u now cant get at..???

trog
03-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
Veteran Member

to avoid messing up anything I did the update today can't miss what I didn't have
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What does this mean?
from pentax.ca....about K10 1.11 update..
"Correspond to development in the RAW data camera when multiple exposing"

thanks

randy
03-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
What does this mean?
from pentax.ca....about K10 1.11 update..
"Correspond to development in the RAW data camera when multiple exposing"

It means, um, that, when exposing multiple, obviously, you should correspond to, you know, development in the Raw data, in the camera. Or something like that.

I get the multiple exposure part. I played with multiple exposures last night. Not sure I see the practical point. Is it supposed to be a way to do HDR right in the camera? Or is it for making pictures of ghosts?

Will