Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K10D LCD screen

is their any danger in placing your cameras lcd side down in a camera bag.
do you think the weight pressing down even though it is resting on a padded surface, will affect anything

Dave

11-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The screen seems rather robust to me; it certainly doesn't receive the same gentle treatment that my laptop's screen receives. My primary concern would be scratching or abrasion, but if it is inside a camera bag (and there aren't any loose lens caps or whatnot floating around the bottom of the bag), I think you should be fine.
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JonPB Quote
The screen seems rather robust to me; it certainly doesn't receive the same gentle treatment that my laptop's screen receives. My primary concern would be scratching or abrasion, but if it is inside a camera bag (and there aren't any loose lens caps or whatnot floating around the bottom of the bag), I think you should be fine.
Thanks
have been trying all kinds of configuration, so as to gain access easily, and this seems to working fine, just wondered about the weght pressing down on it.

Dave
11-10-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Forum Member

Since my wife's compact was made useless by minor damage to the LCD screen, I have since fitted my K10D with a Giottos glass screen protector, which protects it from scratches and knocks, etc. Available from Pentax User in the UK but readily available from dealers. SP 8251 is the correct model for the K10D. Check their website GIOTTO'S-Professional Photographic Equipment.

John

11-10-2008, 05:27 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
If you want to go that bit further, I can vouch for the K10D Camera Armor. All round rubber protection on the body and a plastic LCD cover. It is perfectly usable despite having the cut the rear dial wheel myself (even though it had the markings for it). I give my camera a hard time admittedly (dirt, rain & other bad environments) but this addition has put my heart at ease knowing the camera can handle it.