Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KP and HD DA 35mm f2 and my custom profile

04-27-2021, 07:36 PM - 1 Like   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Really enjoying this thread.

I do wish Pentax would offer the option to save some of these profiles in camera as additional user-defined and user-named profiles.
I would really shoot JPG a lot more and spend less time on the computer.
04-28-2021, 12:03 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
KP and HD DA 35mm f2 and my custom profile

These are utterly gorgeous, particularly the golden one. We have a canal li Lancaster and they are great for urban stuff
04-28-2021, 12:05 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
These are utterly gorgeous, particularly the golden one. We have a canal li Lancaster and they are great for urban stuff
Thank you

04-28-2021, 12:09 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Really enjoying this thread.

I do wish Pentax would offer the option to save some of these profiles in camera as additional user-defined and user-named profiles.
I would really shoot JPG a lot more and spend less time on the computer.
What camera do you shoot? On the k3 I had three customisable user modes on the mode dial and my KP has five. These can be renamed. You could set them so they just reflect your colour profile. You could also add in some of the in body Jpeg enhancements. In fact, I might just do exactly that

---------- Post added 28-04-21 at 12:20 AM ----------

Thank you
I think I may use your colour profile in my street user mode on my KP. It really makes everything look beautifully rich and ..... Lived in gorgeous

---------- Post added 28-04-21 at 12:21 AM ----------

Last edited by Cerebum; 04-28-2021 at 12:21 AM.
04-29-2021, 02:50 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
OK, I have set my KP user mode 1 to a standard set up but with a classic chrome profile, user 2 with Richards profile and user 4 with my mono. Next month I am going to single in my 35mm limited and go jpeg crazy. Fun times
04-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, I have set my KP user mode 1 to a standard set up but with a classic chrome profile, user 2 with Richards profile and user 4 with my mono. Next month I am going to single in my 35mm limited and go jpeg crazy. Fun times
I am flattered. The user modes and the profiles you can create, especially colour ones, are one of the reasons I am sticking with Pentax rather than moving completely to Fuji. There is no way that I can get colour SOOC results like these with that system. Though I do prefer the Fuji B&W images. A couple from yesterday, when the evening light was being generous. KP and HD FA 35mm f2.

04-29-2021, 09:59 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just want to clarify this. You have defaulted to a different custom image for each user mode (where that custom image is modified by you).
Not you have the same custom image with different parameter settings for each user mode?

I think the latter is not possible and was what I would like to see. Actually I'd like to see say 10 user definable custom image slots that you can create, name and save yourself.
04-30-2021, 12:32 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am flattered. The user modes and the profiles you can create, especially colour ones, are one of the reasons I am sticking with Pentax rather than moving completely to Fuji. There is no way that I can get colour SOOC results like these with that system. Though I do prefer the Fuji B&W images. A couple from yesterday, when the evening light was being generous. KP and HD FA 35mm f2.
I have a fuji X-E1 and I completely get what you mean about mono. I would love a Fuji system but I could never relinquish pentax. Using my KP is like driving a Morgan as opposed to the Hondas, Audis etc.

The colours here are astonishing. I must say, the 35mm f2 is top of my wish list. I shoot predominantly limited lenses and wide to normal primes. I just need some money

---------- Post added 30-04-21 at 12:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Just want to clarify this. You have defaulted to a different custom image for each user mode (where that custom image is modified by you).
Not you have the same custom image with different parameter settings for each user mode?

I think the latter is not possible and was what I would like to see. Actually I'd like to see say 10 user definable custom image slots that you can create, name and save yourself.
On the KP mode dial there are five user defined modes alongside P, AV, SV, M, etc. On the K3 & K70 there are 3, K_S2 has 2 and the K5 has 1. (you probably already know this lol). I have used the landscape and portrait ones and they're ok, that's it, just ok. So, next month I need access to our recipes so what I did was set the camera up with Richards recipe as the colour profile, Av, F7.1, iso200, jpeg & raw, etc and saved it to User 1. I then renamed it from Landscape to Kodachrome (for want of a better name, I have Kodachrome, Classic Chrome and Monochrome, I am sad like that lol). I then set the camera up using Christian Rocks Classic chrome recipe, same settings, and saved it to User 2. Having a good base setup with the colour profile in place means I can just turn the mode dial to the look I want and I am good to go.
04-30-2021, 11:48 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The second one especially is fantastic!
05-02-2021, 01:25 PM - 2 Likes   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Some sooc jpegs using @christianrock s classic chrome on my kp

05-02-2021, 04:25 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really nice!
05-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #73
Pentaxian

this is purdy nifty gonna hafta give some of this stuff a ride!!
05-03-2021, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #74
Pentaxian

Some sooc jpegs using @christianrock s classic chrome on my kp

These look really nice!

I'm glad that setting works well with the KP, I wish it worked as well in my K-3 as it does in my K-S1 and K-50.
05-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Today the light was poor but I still tried @Richard0170 s profile

I will try again when the sun is out but it looks good