Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 52 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2020, 01:30 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've stopped being so focused on the best. I own a bunch of different cameras. I'm at a point now where it's just fun to be messing around with cameras. My dream camera... is the one I have in my hand! (Assuming it's working!)

11-05-2020, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
OK, then...

645Z+ with:
  • Full 645 frame, 2 or 3 fps
  • with faster crop mode
  • more MP (but maybe not max---see pixel shift below)
  • IBIS
  • good 6K or 8K video, or excellent 4K
  • K1 type twist screen with touch capabilities
  • more focus points
  • pixel shift with merged dng output (no additional software required)
  • and composition adjustment
  • built in focus stacking in raw
  • advanced tethering
  • user configurable menus
  • astrotracer
  • user configurable timer
That's for starters. I'll probably think of some more items.
11-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KP and GRIII
11-05-2020, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

For those of us who 'learnt the skills' on a Zenit E ( exceedingly simple design along the lines of "what isn't there, can't go wrong".) any of today's cameras are a dream camera.

11-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I am quite happy with the KP as it is.
I am sorry, but I chuckled... You are famously happy with your KP and it is a pleasure to see someone on this site who is NOT complaining about the shortcomings of what is available. You being happy made me smile.

Steve
11-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For me there isn't anything earth shattering but is just an upscaling of what is available now. My dream would be a 645Z type camera with a 100MP (full 6x4.5) BSI sensor that supports astrotracer and pixel shift to the level that the K-3/K-1 series do but with a nice 800mm f/4 lens with the quality of the old SMC A* 400mm f/2.8 ED [IF].

You did say dreaming. Realistically I am very pleased with what I get out of my K-3 and K-3ii with that 400 and am looking forward to the K-3iii with its incremental but still substantial improvement over what I have.
11-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #22
Pentaxian

A K1 with a 24MP CCD sensor comes to mind. Am I alone in this?

11-05-2020, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I am quite happy with the KP as it is. I hardly ever need more power, but I do carry several batteries with me in my camera bag
I feel the same, except that I carry only one spare battery but lament the fact that I don't shoot enough in a single outing to need more.
11-05-2020, 02:37 PM   #24
Veteran Member

A mid range Full Frame 24 megapixel camera 10 frames per second, 4K 30 video recording with continuous auto focus, 1/200 second sync speed, DL190 battery in a K70 size and weight body.
11-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I'm another who thinks the KP comes close already but if I could make a couple of changes they would be:

A carvable grip like they used to have with the LX.
For the function dial to be fully customisable with whatever function you choose from the menu's, or at least have more choices for each stop on the dial.

A bigger battery might be nice but I can live with the one it has.
11-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

A K1-MIII that does not make you a little crazy and have the focus lock once again light up so at night so you can actually see you are spot on when shooting a shot.

Would not change anything else as it serves my needs well.
11-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
A K1 with a 24MP CCD sensor comes to mind. Am I alone in this?
No you are no alone, I'd buy one and keep my K1ii

I'm very happy with the K1ii thank you
11-05-2020, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

I've got my dream camera. My K1.

But on to some other dream cameras. A Leica Monochrom rangefinder body, with a Leica Summilux M 35mm f/1.4 lens. The basic, essential camera. With just this lens. Think it would do me for the remainder of my life, as long as I could still use a manual focus with my eye.

One last one. A Nikon F Photomic with a Nikkor 50mm F1.4 lens.
11-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by que es tu Quote
Hello everyone!! While I was running the other day I was thinking about what would make a “Dream Camera” and thought it would be fun to throw the question out to the users here at the Forum. For me, when I first saw the KP I knew it was the camera for me! I love its aesthetics and ergonomics, and the IQ and customizability is really great! HOWEVER, if I could change anything to make it the PERFECT camera I would add a bigger battery (I know about the battery grip, but I hike and backpack, so light, compact, and easily stowed are paramount for me), and a better pop-up flash (yes, I know that is a rookie tool, but see above about the battery grip!). So, I have pretty simple dreams!! But hey, they’re my dreams, and I’m happy!! What about everyone else? If you could have or design the PERFECT camera, what would it be? What features would it have? Size, weight, color, dials, buttons ETC… Anything goes, after all this is YOUR dream, and YOUR special camera! You could even incorporate features from other brands, or from the film era, or just tweak an existing camera to make it the way you want it like I did. The sky is the limit! So, have fun and go all out! What is your DREAM CAMERA??
The best camera is the camera you own...
But, answering your question, mine would by k1M3, until that, nowadays K1M2
I just owned a K5, with some old manual lenses, and just a kit 18-55 lens
11-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #30
Pentaxian

A KP with dual card slot and AFC as fast as D500. I hope that'll be the KPII