Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #1

K10D transparency quality

Hi All,

I am thinking of upgrading to a K20D from a K10D. I like the transparency look I get with my K10D see Singing Robin on Flickr - Photo Sharing!. Will I still get this look from a K20D?

11-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
DAZ
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am not exactly sure what you mean by “transparency look“ but I assume you are talking about a slide film look. What you possibly like about it I don’t know. May I suggest you go to PPG or flickr and do a search on the K20D to see if you can find what you are looking for? If you like you can look at some of the photos I have on PPG and flickr to start. The links in my signature are to my photos.

DAZ
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Syb
Veteran Member

I like the contrast in the picture. But isn't that something you can arrange in the setting of your camera?

I once thought that I had a lens attached that rendered the colours much better than another one. Only then I found out that I had changed the settings of my camera: saturation was higher than before. Turned out my other lenses were as great
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #4

Well.... the trannie-look is a result of the image being back-lit (all the colours are being thrown directly toward your eye). Monitors are also back-lit, so as long as you view the image onscreen, it has the potential to have the trannie-look.

Problem is, as soon as you transfer the image to paper, it's becomes a light-reflected image (light hits the image from the front, some of the light is absorbed by the image's surface, while the remaining light bounces off in all directions, a portion of which hit your eye) and the image appears dull in comparison. That's why prints never look as good as trannies.

So, the answer to your questions is: Yes and no.