Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #1

HELP: K200D and M ZOOM 1:4.5 80-200MM K-MOUNT LENS

I recently bought a K200D, which I love, and decide to buy a M ZOOM 1:4.5 80-200MM K-MOUNT LENS from ebay. The lens is in prestine conditions, but I can't find the right settings to use it. Every time I try to press the shutter release button, a message in the LCD display shows the F-- and nothing happens. I tried placing the camera in manual focus, Av, Tv, etc. and nothing seems to work. I can't even get the flash to pop up.
Any one has any suggestions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Carlos

11-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to go into the Custom menu, and set "Allow aperture ring" to "enabled" Then set the camera to "M" mode, set the aperture on the lens, and press the Green Button to set the shutter speed. And another note, the built in flash will not work well with a fully manual lens, those lenses do not communicate with the camera, so the flash will not "know" how much light to put out. You may be able to use the built in flash at a really high aperture setting, like F16 or F22, but it will still be tough to get a decent exposure with the built in flash on a manual lens.