Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2021, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
"Green button" stop down metering on the three dSLRs I have owned (K10D, K20D and K-3) has never been any more than vaguely in the ballpark with K and M series lenses, often being anything up to 3 or 4 stops out. I usually get closer guessimating and then adjusting using the histogram.
With the K10D it was indeed a bit of a hit and miss, but with newer cameras it's vastly improved and usually well into the ballpark. Even the K20D/K200D were an improvement already. With my K-S1 and now the K-3, the metering is reliable at least 90% of the time, and when it's off, it's never 3 or 4 stops out. More like 1 stop usually, rarely 2 (which happens usually when there's something white in one part of the frame so I know now just to deal with it beforehand).

01-20-2021, 03:46 PM   #47

Photos: Gallery
I'm also finding the Green button exposure complaints strange... If I haven't used a certain body with manual lenses for a while, and I use a bunch of different bodies, I usually screw up the first one. Which doesn't matter, as I shoot DNG+jpg. Or PEF on the older bodies like K100D. But then I remember how the particular body works. The exposure of any Pentax with manual lenses isn't off more than any other camera. Maybe it's got something to do with me almost always using the spot meter.