Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
11-27-2020, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have had my K-70 since April 2018 with no aperture block as yet. What am I doing wrong?

11-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
I have had my K-70 since April 2018 with no aperture block as yet. What am I doing wrong?
You are using it WAY too much. Put it down for a year and report back .

Seriously the failure rate on this body is over blown, there would be a flood here by now if it were anywhere near as bad as it is perceived. It has been out for 4 years.
11-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #18
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hawkfan Quote
Yes, aperture block. Hmm, maybe I'll withdraw my raffle entries.....
no need, just send a pm to Adam that all you want is one of the T shirts

that is what I am after

[ and what I am eligible to win ]
11-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
no need, just send a pm to Adam that all you want is one of the T shirts

that is what I am after

[ and what I am eligible to win ]
Wow, a previous winner has revealed themselves. You are indeed aslyfox. What did you win if I may ask?

11-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #20
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, a previous winner has revealed themselves. You are indeed aslyfox. What did you win if I may ask?
I was, by random chance, the winner of the KP last year

which is now with my son and his wife in Omaha

and I fully support the idea that past winners ( as determined by the rules ) are ineligible for the K 70

some of my entries in the raffle thread indicate I am going for the T shirt only
11-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #21
Banned

Wow! How cool. I'd rather have the KP, but can't look a gift camera in the lens if I was to win. That's one lucky son.
11-27-2020, 11:08 AM   #22
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . . That's one lucky son.
yes he is

considering who he married

[ high school sweethearts ]

11-27-2020, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

I have bought Amateur Photography a few times over the years. Surprised it is still publishing....as in I'm surprised that any magazine is still publishing in print. Sad to say, as I liked print media.
11-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
You are using it WAY too much. Put it down for a year and report back .

Seriously the failure rate on this body is over blown, there would be a flood here by now if it were anywhere near as bad as it is perceived. It has been out for 4 years.
YouTuber Lee Haze, did a short video on this question. Same question, what percentage of K-70s (or other models) have had this problem? Beyond that, did Pentax changed the solenoid in later production?
11-28-2020, 12:49 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Dang! You beat me to it! I wanted to be the first to raise the aperture block objection.

Steve

(...another post towards the PF K-70 raffle...Do I really want to win a camera with decreased resale value?...)
ERM, yes (convert to IR and shove a white solenoid in at the same time shhhhhhh, don't let on that this is the plan )
11-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
ERM, yes (convert to IR and shove a white solenoid in at the same time shhhhhhh, don't let on that this is the plan )
It is good to see a positive article about the K70. It also is encouraging to see others have the opinion that if the aperture block problems was as serious as some indicate that there would be nmor, much more, complaints documented here, or on other fora.
11-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
This would actually be a good option if when I do win the camera . I have to research a bit more because a dedicated astro camera would be interesting (even if I would have to buy the O-GPS). The K-70 was on my radar when I started researching models for a first DSLR. In fact, it would have been my first option, but it was too expensive at the time... so I slashed the 0 out of the name .
11-28-2020, 08:38 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
It is good to see a positive article about the K70. It also is encouraging to see others have the opinion that if the aperture block problems was as serious as some indicate that there would be nmor, much more, complaints documented here, or on other fora.
I've had my K-70 for 1.5 years, and so far, so good. 31404 clicks, manufacture date of 2/2019.
11-28-2020, 06:08 PM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
YouTuber Lee Haze, did a short video on this question. Same question, what percentage of K-70s (or other models) have had this problem? Beyond that, did Pentax changed the solenoid in later production?
They apparently changed something even in early production.

Steve
11-28-2020, 07:22 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
They apparently changed something even in early production.

Steve
I'm happy they did change it, at least I hope they did. My K70 was made in Feb, 2019 like luftfloss' but I do not have shutter clicks he does.