Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2020, 02:31 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Amateur Photographer magazine recommends the Pentax K-70 this month

With such an abundance of Black Friday deals around this week, Amateur Photographer magazine (UK) published an article this month highlighting the best camera deals under 1000 GBP, and placed the K-70 in pole position!
Best early Black Friday camera deals under £1000 - Amateur Photographer

11-27-2020, 02:41 AM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
da Winner:
QuoteQuote:

“Overall, the K-70 offers great value and a solid set of features in a compact body that should be easy to use for beginners,” we said in our original review. “But equally, it will keep budding photographers happy for longer as their experience grows and they start to experiment with the more advanced features that it includes in abundance.”
sounds like a nice prize for a raffle
11-27-2020, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No wonder. A great body with advanced functionality. The high ISO performance is a highlight not mention like in the rest suggestions in the article, but the inclusion in the list is good news.
11-27-2020, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
And another post for an entry

11-27-2020, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Did that think it was being given away? (Yup, in this for the entry!)
11-27-2020, 05:54 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmmm, I wonder where one could find such a raffle.
11-27-2020, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s good to hear that a magazine is still around, they are dropping like flies. (Not needing a raffle post)

11-27-2020, 06:13 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
It’s good to hear that a magazine is still around, they are dropping like flies. (Not needing a raffle post)
Very true! I've followed it since I was a kid.
11-27-2020, 06:33 AM   #9
Banned

Interesting following the Amazon link and reading reviews. Some say they are experiencing aperture block. I wonder if this is true. Many fine reviews though.
11-27-2020, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Well played!

It's good to see reviewers look at cameras made for stills from time to time.
11-27-2020, 07:29 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
This is a weekly affair. Its quite good, but, being weekly, it costs waaaay more to get the same number of articles that the monthlies hold. That's probably why its still around. They do like the K70 but generally ignore Pentax (although they did apologise for that in a recent comparison) all in all, its a good bog side read

---------- Post added 11-27-20 at 07:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Hawkfan Quote
Interesting following the Amazon link and reading reviews. Some say they are experiencing aperture block. I wonder if this is true. Many fine reviews though.
It is, but by some accounts its just the early ones. Fingers crossed it doesn't become as commonplace as the K30/50/s1/s2
11-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #12
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
This is a weekly affair. Its quite good, but, being weekly, it costs waaaay more to get the same number of articles that the monthlies hold. That's probably why its still around. They do like the K70 but generally ignore Pentax (although they did apologise for that in a recent comparison) all in all, its a good bog side read

---------- Post added 11-27-20 at 07:34 AM ----------

It is, but by some accounts its just the early ones. Fingers crossed it doesn't become as commonplace as the K30/50/s1/s2
It is concerning though of the lack of customer service or turn around time some folks are having to put up with. That is not good if true. Nothing kills a company more ten lack of customer service.
11-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I thought AP hated Pentax, or was that a different publication?

Personally, I don't recommend the K-*0 models due to the aperture block failure, which is a shame as without that they would be the best value in APS-C DSLRs.
11-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hawkfan Quote
Dang! You beat me to it! I wanted to be the first to raise the aperture block objection.

Steve

(...another post towards the PF K-70 raffle...Do I really want to win a camera with decreased resale value?...)
11-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Dang! You beat me to it! I wanted to be the first to raise the aperture block objection.

Steve

(...another post towards the PF K-70 raffle...Do I really want to win a camera with decreased resale value?...)
Yes, aperture block. Hmm, maybe I'll withdraw my raffle entries.....