Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2021, 08:56 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Several years ago, I happened across a website from a professional photographer up in Seattle that had the absolute best (well, in my opinion) illustrations of Pixel Shift images that I have ever come across. It was a discussion of both Pixel Shifting and the use of various post processing utilities.

In the discussion, he has some wonderful illustrative example images using the internal mechanisms of watches. These examples - especially in the selection of the subject matter, goes to the heart of displaying what a rather simple 4 image approach that Pentax uses, is capable of, as in some real enhancement of the basic image, particularly in terms of the details brought out for viewing. His use of the "swiping" between two images is very effective in highlighting the fine differences.

For whatever reason, I see that he has taken down the page - which is a real loss to the community. However, the Internet usually does not forget - as there is the WayBack Machine.I do wish that Pentax would advertise, highlight or otherwise engage a photographer to put together another similar presentation - or better yet, contact this gentleman. His work and subject matter, fits the application of PS perfectly. This is one of the most effective presentations of Pixel Shift technology I have ever seen.

.... and no - I have absolutely no connection with this photographer.

Not sure if that's just a hic-up, but I can't access the link to images from here...

12-21-2021, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Good Morning,

The link was through the "wayback" machine - essentially it's an archive of the original website that the author had taken down some time ago. It's still there - but takes looooooong time to come up. I just pulled it up using my browser (firefox). I'd try it again, or try it with another browser.

I have no idea as to why the author took his page down, as the entire page was excellent.

12-21-2021, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Good Morning,

The link was through the "wayback" machine - essentially it's an archive of the original website that the author had taken down some time ago. It's still there - but takes looooooong time to come up. I just pulled it up using my browser (firefox). I'd try it again, or try it with another browser.

I have no idea as to why the author took his page down, as the entire page was excellent.

ok, I'll try again thanks for the info!