Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Forum Member

Strange shaking

I'll try to explain...

The other day i was trying to take 5 pics composition (bracketing) and the flash was open. Between shots the camera begin to shake things up, just like it would do for a dust reduction test...

Is this normal?

11-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Never had that happen to me. Been using 10s and 20s for while now. You may want to contact Pentax and see what they say.

I thought the only way the shaking was to happen is if you do it manually or have it set up to do it when you turn it on.
11-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Was it your first time bracketing? Perhaps the camera was nervous, being a newb and all.

.....sorry I don't have an real answer.
11-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I've had someting similar happen a couple of times when the camera was on a unstable tripod with shake reduction on. I think the shake reduction got into a feedback loop (the shake reduction was moving the camera, which caused the shake reduction to move more). I think it eventually hit the limit of the SR range and gave up. I don't think it's an issue in my case, but I'm not sure if your case is different