Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2020, 04:42 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...Hard to say. Based on his photos, he lives in the western U.S. (Texas? New Mexico?), if that provides a clue. Some members from here have left comments, BTW.

Steve
I think he is in San Antonio TX I believe.

12-13-2020, 06:24 PM - 3 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very good video. To me it just confirms what we already know, but may not want to admit sometimes. Great photo and video creation is more about creative imagination and technique than it is about gear.
12-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You noticed that too, eh? We seem to have acquired a few bloggers and youtubers who seem to use their accounts excessively to push traffic. What is the rule, twice per year?

Steve
Oh dear, I did not realize this was a rule. I'll make sure to follow it :S
12-13-2020, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
K3 and K3 II users tend to buy lenses and hiking shoes.
Trekking poles and wr lenses go together nicely.

12-13-2020, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
K3 and K3 II users tend to buy lenses and hiking shoes.
As a K3 II user, I felt that.

But it's true...
12-13-2020, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by automorphism Quote
Oh dear, I did not realize this was a rule. I'll make sure to follow it :S
Your videos are great and I should subscribe.

I'm not a moderator and the policy is rather buried, but it does exist. There are good reasons to discourage invitations to browse elsewhere. The nice thing is that all links open in a new window or tab, leaving the one here at Pentax Forums open, if not active.

A good introduction to your link, such as "the making of..." nicely frames your work, which will play on the forum page. I think you are quite safe in your approach. For sure, your work is a treat of storytelling.

Steve
12-14-2020, 01:55 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Well, shooting a K-01 and a K-30 I'd really like to get those 14 bit in the K-3 RAWs... sometimes I really struggle with the conditions.

Caveat: I'm not into doing art-photography or pretending that I have a "vision" or something... all I care about is bringing home well-crafted and technically sound souvenir photos, so I can remember places I visited, things I did etc.
So often I'm not waiting days for the perfect lighting conditions, the right hour of the day etc... I make do with what I have, that's why I think a wee bit DR more could help.

Looking forward to buying a used K-3 or K-3II (or K-1) as well...

12-14-2020, 03:04 AM - 1 Like   #23
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think you'll like it
I did. So refreshing to get away from big claims and all-caps headlines. Just quiet reasoning and images to back it up
12-14-2020, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #24
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Caveat: I'm not into doing art-photography or pretending that I have a "vision" or something... all I care about is bringing home well-crafted and technically sound souvenir photos, so I can remember places I visited, things I did etc.
So often I'm not waiting days for the perfect lighting conditions, the right hour of the day etc... I make do with what I have, that's why I think a wee bit DR more could help.
You're not alone. I'm far more an opportunist photographer than an artist, and I'm happy with every bit of technical assistance I can get in capturing the light in the best possible way. A K-1 will not make the content of my photos any better, but I might avoid blowing some highlights

(As for talking of what I need in a camera, well, I don't really need a camera at all. It's just a hobby.)
12-14-2020, 03:39 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Interesting thought that there might be some cheaper second hand K3s around when the new Mark III comes out. Especially given the expected cost of the new model.
12-14-2020, 03:53 AM - 3 Likes   #26
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobSpain Quote
Interesting thought that there might be some cheaper second hand K3s around when the new Mark III comes out. Especially given the expected cost of the new model.
Indeed.

In all the excitement of new models, we often forget just how good the previous generation cameras (even the generation before that) are. Although - like any camera - it has limitations, I've never once felt my K-3 to be lacking, and - as the video points out - whilst increased image quality and dynamic range is always welcome, how much do we really need? I shoot my Samsung GX-10 a lot and love the images I get from it (my limited skills notwithstanding), but it's far more limited in dynamic range and resolution than the K-3 which - by all accounts - is a real powerhouse of a camera. There's little it can't do well.

I've no doubt those buying the K-3III will be delighted with it, and amazed by the image quality - and I hope to be among those joining them eventually. Until then, none of us needs to feel poorly catered for with a K-3 or K-3II...
12-14-2020, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

I have been watching his videos for some time now, and I really enjoy the content!. Very direct and mature, but not dry. I hope to see more from him!
12-14-2020, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well he got my subscription. Interesting content so far.
12-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobSpain Quote
I anticipate asking prices to remain about where they are. Why sell a perfectly good body for less than one might pay for a couple of Lee filters and a holder?

I made the mistake six years ago in letting my very clean K10D go for a song ($150 with kit lens) to help offset my K-3 purchase...big error of judgement.

Steve
12-14-2020, 02:31 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Your videos are great and I should subscribe.

I'm not a moderator and the policy is rather buried, but it does exist. There are good reasons to discourage invitations to browse elsewhere. The nice thing is that all links open in a new window or tab, leaving the one here at Pentax Forums open, if not active.

A good introduction to your link, such as "the making of..." nicely frames your work, which will play on the forum page. I think you are quite safe in your approach. For sure, your work is a treat of storytelling.

Steve
Thanks, Steve for the explanation, compliments, and suggestions It sounds good.