Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
You left out the EVF, or was that deliberate to keep the cost down?
The K-02 definitely needs an EVF. I'd love it if the k-mount aperture ring coupler came back and made the k-mount complete again but I know to keep from over-dreaming these things.

12-23-2020, 03:55 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Why does Pentax have to do anything nikon-ish

That is not what has sustained them to this point
I only meant that as a reference. However it isn't an apple orange comparison. Btw I have likly owned more pentax dslr's then most on this forum. I am quite aware of what Pentax cameras are about.
12-23-2020, 09:23 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I believe they they are headed toward just 3 DSLR lines. K1***,K3***, and the K70***. The KP may be dropped once the K3iii is released. After all a Pentax rep in Europe admitted they developed the KP to be a flagship camera, but the customers didn't see it that way, so they developed the K3iii.
12-24-2020, 04:04 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I imagine there will be a K-1 III towards then end of 2021. Higher price, faster frame rate, 4K video, and auto focus algorithms from the K-3 III. I don't imagine they'll use the K2 name though.

12-24-2020, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
I believe they they are headed toward just 3 DSLR lines. K1***,K3***, and the K70***. The KP may be dropped once the K3iii is released. After all a Pentax rep in Europe admitted they developed the KP to be a flagship camera, but the customers didn't see it that way, so they developed the K3iii.
The Pentax rep was wrong...
12-24-2020, 06:24 AM   #36
Pentaxian

I think there was some rumor of a video oriented camera. I think this will be an APS-C can rather than FF. But who knows? I might be wrong.
12-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'd love to see a 645Ω with a full frame sensor
I would wait for a true 645 FF...

Steve

12-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
I was speculating of course
All speculation must include a hybrid viewfinder and some form of flippy/articulated screen and also a touch screen and at least two UHS-II slots, preferably three.

Steve
12-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
The is a Pentax K2. Made in the 70's.
Well, they could call the new one a K2D MD.

Wait, that wouldn't work either...
02-27-2021, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just thought this was interesting,
posted from kwb on the new and rumours page.

Tanaka: "Were'nt you planning to name it K-2?" Wakashiro (laughter): "One of the candidates, yes." Tanaka: "Ah, you had to reserve that for something else, the next one?" Wakashiro (still laughing/smiling, but watch his face when the video is released): "Well, no comment."

Tanaka san - Wakashiro san online seminar about K-3 III (CP+ 2021) - PentaxForums.com
02-27-2021, 02:04 PM   #41
Pentaxian

It's complicated and Pentax, releasing so few models, need to be strategic. I do think that the K-2 Tanaka hints at would do well as a *tight* somewhat feature stripped camera. They've just re-released the limiteds and there's no body for those lenses and the vintage lineup is also a bit misplaced on a K-1. Sure the K-1 works but a improved even tighter FF KP type camera but with fixed screen, new super-ovf and perhaps 24mp would look very attractive to quite a few people.

The HDFA limiteds seems to produce quite some drool over at dpreview. People, in the vein of the those switching to film, are looking for a simpler more enjoyable way to photograph and Pentax is extremely well placed to pick those people up.
02-27-2021, 02:29 PM   #42
Pentaxian

There seems to be room in the lineup for a K2 with a 24MP full frame sensor, selling at around the USD1200 mark.
02-27-2021, 03:37 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a great idea- Pentax should go all the way forward but backward with a new 50mp bsi sensor FF DSLR with accelerator featuring record-setting high ISO performance, more advanced AF speed and accuracy with very good burst performance and tracking, top-performing video, ultra-quiet shutter and mirror, ultra-magifified bright VF, while having a fixed rear touch-screen, the mode dial with just a standard setting of Manual, Tv, and Av only, with all other spots being user programmable. None of this new-fangled nonsense like tilting screens, HS flash, built-in flash, GPS, hand-held anti-motion pixel shift, etc. etc. Maybe the K-1n. The "n" being for "no-nonesense".

Then there would only be 3 Pentax DSLR models. The two no-nonsense K-1n, K-3 III, and the K-70 with the vulnerable solenoid if you want some of that new-fangled nonsense but don't need a battery grip. Can't wait to sell off my KP and K-1 II bodies!
02-27-2021, 04:03 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Can't wait to sell off my KP
What a great idea!
02-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
It's complicated and Pentax, releasing so few models, need to be strategic. I do think that the K-2 Tanaka hints at would do well as a *tight* somewhat feature stripped camera. They've just re-released the limiteds and there's no body for those lenses and the vintage lineup is also a bit misplaced on a K-1. Sure the K-1 works but a improved even tighter FF KP type camera but with fixed screen, new super-ovf and perhaps 24mp would look very attractive to quite a few people.

The HDFA limiteds seems to produce quite some drool over at dpreview. People, in the vein of the those switching to film, are looking for a simpler more enjoyable way to photograph and Pentax is extremely well placed to pick those people up.
I like your thinking.