Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2020, 10:40 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
This is certainly an opinion piece not a researched article by any stretch. The point was really that a non-pentaxian source was gonna giving positive credit and recognizing the robustness of pentax pro equipment.

12-24-2020, 10:57 PM   #17
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
Four CanoNikons and -obviously- a Pentax ? No Fuji , no MFTs ??
The article is specifically about DSLRs and I think Fuji and Olympus are MILCs brands.
12-25-2020, 12:16 AM - 2 Likes   #18
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The reviewer of the Pentax K-1 is a member of this forum.

Let's not go full DPR on him OK?

I subscribe to this site and sometimes they are a real piece of work. The chief editor has become more opinionated over the years. His choice for for "beginners" is a film Leica. Last year he said that the site will no longer review DSLR's and has explicitly called out Pentax for being behind the times. Most of the images of cameras are wet (taken in the rain - it's a fetish). Lately the site has gone out of its way to downplay post processing and articles over the last week were on people who "do not use photoshop".

I follow the site because I doomscroll as a matter of course.
12-25-2020, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
The chief editor has become more opinionated over the years. His choice for for "beginners" is a film Leica. Last year he said that the site will no longer review DSLR's and has explicitly called out Pentax for being behind the times.
By not making film rangefinders, I presume

12-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #20
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
By not making film rangefinders, I presume
Actually, his (the editor) main complaint was/is that Pentax "only" builds DSLR's.
12-26-2020, 06:11 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
Guys, how do you think, or have you seen some info where Pentax claims that zoom AW lenses, like 60-250 are as well rugged as prime lenses? Because, as all we know, zoom lenses that extend from its barrel tend to be more vulnerable against dust and moisture.
Dust is generally not a problem unless photographing sandstorms is your line of work. Lens Rentals | Blog

Moisture, eh, it's insidious and will get anywhere and everywhere. Best to not let the camera in the rain for a long time, regardless of lens type, weather sealing, brand or anything.

Zooming in and out is normally not too problematic unless the barrel is caked with dust when you pull it back (grit problems) or very wet. The volume of air sucked is low and the velocity of the flow is also not too much so the seals in any decently WR lens would trap the small amount of dust in "normal" environments.