Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens modification: Panning shots cheat

Has anyone ever thought of having a slit shaped aperture? i have used it a couple of times on the front of a 50mm 1.4 and the results look exactly like panning shots (as long as there are quite a few pin lights)

Why dont i see people selling shaped filters (like a lens cap with a hole in it)? i know its a little novelty but i bet it could work to really nice effect.

11-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check out the LensBaby website. They sell creative apertures for the front of their lenses. People also make custom shaped ones using black paper and punches, or by cutting. No reason we can't do it for our lenses either.
thanks
barondla
Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #12 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #13. Any brand camera. Enter now!
11-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IsaacEastgate Quote
Has anyone ever thought of having a slit shaped aperture? i have used it a couple of times on the front of a 50mm 1.4 and the results look exactly like panning shots (as long as there are quite a few pin lights)

Why dont i see people selling shaped filters (like a lens cap with a hole in it)? i know its a little novelty but i bet it could work to really nice effect.
Cokin used to sell cutesy little things like that. I don't know if they still do though.