Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
the point, is,

that the statement "i make money from my photography" is a bad argument in the "raw vs jpeg" debate.

the statement "i shoot 1200-1500 photos" is also a bad argument, when he specificaly stated that "all photos need some post processing", if you're going to go through them all, you might as well ahve the best base,

his rebutal is that 15 megabytes per file is a hurdle is also laughable, because memory is cheap, and the computers that can process those files are also laughbly cheap.

so in conclusion, mr.penkton has ascertained that raw is a gimick, jpegs are perfectly fine, that he, as a working man doesnt want to invest into more memory (which is only going to grow), and that any opposition should sit down and keep quiet because he happens to be making money from taking pictures.

you can venture a guess as to why i am being "combative"
Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I never said its a gimick, i work in jpeg and it works for my needs. I DO shoot raw, just not all the time.
I do invest in memory, and try to stay current as best as one can.

You would not make any money from me with your street music job. I don't give to bums.

Enough said, i shall avoid your posts and comments like a plague.

For the others that understood my statements.

Thank you.

Dave out