PMA: We are Pentaxians!!!

From PMA Pentax Booth:

03-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is a really good poster!
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I just saw this on another forum, and I think it's wonderful. Although, the bit about pixel-peeping is a bit off for some individuals.
03-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #4

it's brilliant!

03-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes! Pentax is listening.

A year or two back I posted a thread on dpr titled "Is Pentax Listening", it maxed out pretty quickly and without too much acrimonious commentary.
I was prompted to start the thread after reading posts by someone who was leaving Pentax due to the lack of suitable products coming forward.

I thought a lot of good discussion came forward in that thread. [dpreview pentax dslr forum feb 5 2006]

I even had an email from one earnest Pentax detractor enthusiastically stating that Pentax never listened and I was wasting my time with such posts. That chap still posts here today. (g'day mp )

It is indeed now interesting to read this banner and the reference to listening to the customer base.

So I guess it could now be said, Yes! Pentax is listening.

I wonder what they listen most to? The strident & shrill complaining or the reasoned, calm, sensible debate? Probably a bit of both, but I some how feel the latter carries a lot more weight with the likes of Pentax.
Cheers
Grant

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 03-08-2007 at 05:55 PM.
03-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I joined the club in 1976 with the KX and been a fanatic since then.

Cheers,

Rene R
03-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have been a Nikonian for years and only switched to Pentax when I bought my first DSLr (*ist D). Now I own 3 bodies and more lenses and other stuff than I ever did with Nikon.

I almost feel like I have always been a Pentaxian. Long live the K-Mount!
03-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I am a photographer, not a Pentaxian or a Canonian or anything. I never felt tempted to tell people that the FA31 is the best AF lens ever made (I have owned two of them and know they are not the best AF lens ever made).

Sometimes I pixel peep but it is true that I have more fun taking real pictures. Pixel peeping has learned me a lot and helped me choosing my equipment. That's why I use a mixture of Pentax, Canon, Leica and Zuiko lenses, with confidence, today. My kids never had to listen to bedtime stories about cameras. Brand loyalism is a carachter flaw. Fanatics are scary.

The pictures are the important thing. When I look at pictures at exhibitions i seldom wonder what the camera label was. I rather contemplate the pictures.

If Pentax listened carefully they would have given us the old uncrippled K-mount back a long time ago, and fixed the exposure problems while they were at it. Maybe they also should take some time and reply to mails. If they are listening it would be nice to know they pay notice.

It is a clever poster but I don't know if I would have read it facing it at place.

I also don't know why i write all this. That's me.

03-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
Inactive Account

This newbie is proud to be part of the movement. I still have a lot to learn from you folks.

Mike
03-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Nice

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
From PMA Pentax Booth:

That is a wonderful mind set...Very humane.
03-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
I am a photographer, not a Pentaxian or a Canonian or anything. I never felt tempted to tell people that the FA31 is the best AF lens ever made (I have owned two of them and know they are not the best AF lens ever made).

Sometimes I pixel peep but it is true that I have more fun taking real pictures. Pixel peeping has learned me a lot and helped me choosing my equipment. That's why I use a mixture of Pentax, Canon, Leica and Zuiko lenses, with confidence, today. My kids never had to listen to bedtime stories about cameras. Brand loyalism is a carachter flaw. Fanatics are scary.

The pictures are the important thing. When I look at pictures at exhibitions i seldom wonder what the camera label was. I rather contemplate the pictures.

If Pentax listened carefully they would have given us the old uncrippled K-mount back a long time ago, and fixed the exposure problems while they were at it. Maybe they also should take some time and reply to mails. If they are listening it would be nice to know they pay notice.

It is a clever poster but I don't know if I would have read it facing it at place.

I also don't know why i write all this. That's me.
Good post Jonas. I admire and respect your honesty. Love the bit about "I also don't know why I write all this"

NaCl(your photos ain't too shabby either)H2O
03-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I like that one line in there

"..Camera's don't take the picture, photographers do.."
03-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I feel like standing in the middle of the street wearing nothing but this sign screeming "I love Pentax!" Unfortunately that would be bad press. How 'bout I just read the sign while clutching my ever present Pentax DSLR and give a subtle smile.
03-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #14
Pentaxian

We need to hold pentax to their word.

They claim they have developed their cameras as the result of comments made by their loyal customers.

Lets see if they respond to our comments, and no not the silly ones that want 1 Giga pixel sensor, but tweeks to the software that let us take the photos we want with thelenses we want
03-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Good post Jonas. I admire and respect your honesty. Love the bit about "I also don't know why I write all this"

NaCl(your photos ain't too shabby either)H2O
Thank you Salty.
"good - admire - respect - love - ain't too shabby"
You know, that is a bit too much for me and hardly deserved. I get red all over. Maybe we can start a Photo Club for us taking not too shabby pictures? We allow "anyone interested in pictures" only to join.

regards,