Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 67 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2021, 06:17 AM   #136
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
maybe the KP replacement (if there ever is one) should be called the K - MP
A project to complete the image (that I'll never find time to perform) would be to "photoshop" that view of Mary Poppins hanging on to her parrot-handle umbrella and flying away so that she's holding a KP instead. If they could license the use of the scene from Disney, it'd be great advertising, I think.

02-09-2021, 06:23 AM - 2 Likes   #137
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Gifted a Sony A7Rii?!?!?!?!?!? I am jealous! The menus may be poor but the IQ from FF Sonys is a delight
It is a long story, but the short version is my dad is in his 80’s and has been unable to buy much for me for many years. Due to a change in circumstances he has a bit more spending money and decided to spend some on something he thought I would like. He’s also a great bargain hunter and found it local to him at a fantastic price. On top of the camera he provided a Sony 28 f2, 85 f1.8, and for my birthday the 24-105 f4! And yes I’ve told him he shouldn’t spend money like this on me. He isn’t exactly listening.
02-09-2021, 11:54 AM   #138
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Aren't Dads great!
02-09-2021, 12:06 PM - 2 Likes   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
It is a long story, but the short version is my dad is in his 80’s and has been unable to buy much for me for many years. Due to a change in circumstances he has a bit more spending money and decided to spend some on something he thought I would like. He’s also a great bargain hunter and found it local to him at a fantastic price. On top of the camera he provided a Sony 28 f2, 85 f1.8, and for my birthday the 24-105 f4! And yes I’ve told him he shouldn’t spend money like this on me. He isn’t exactly listening.
My dad passed away 30 years ago, I don't suppose I could share yours?.......... He sounds like a really good man

02-09-2021, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
My dad passed away 30 years ago, I don't suppose I could share yours?.......... He sounds like a really good man
I really love him. And no you can’t have him. I worry every day about him and wish he was closer physically.
02-09-2021, 03:15 PM - 2 Likes   #141
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I really love him. And no you can’t have him. I worry every day about him and wish he was closer physically.
Yup, you're lucky you still got him. I've been thinking, lately, how little we preserve of the wisdom of the ancestors. Get it while it's still available. Now that I'm an old grand-dad, myself, with no living ancestors, I sometimes find myself thinking, "I wish I'd paid more attention...".
02-09-2021, 03:52 PM - 2 Likes   #142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
Yup, you're lucky you still got him. I've been thinking, lately, how little we preserve of the wisdom of the ancestors. Get it while it's still available. Now that I'm an old grand-dad, myself, with no living ancestors, I sometimes find myself thinking, "I wish I'd paid more attention...".
I already kick myself for not making hours and hours of recordings of my grandmother.