Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #1

Saving images to mac

I have been saving my images without problem until today when trying to save both my Macbook and direct printer did not accept that there are images on my sd card? Must be me. glad of any suggestions as to a possible reason. I have tried to reset to default.
Thanks

11-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Cards fail every now and then, especially cheaper SD cards. Try it out with another and see if that fixes the problem.
11-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
not sure about the printer, if you mean you're putting the card into the printer and it doesn't show any images either, then at Aegon says, it might be the card. Have you tried other cards? they're really cheap right now, even the top of the line ones.

however, if it's the computer, the most recent RawCamera 2.3 update (that updates iPhoto and Aperture) stopped my computer from uploading images, too. it showed the thumbnails just fine, but then on import, none of them actually got into the library - it said "0 items imported" and exited as if nothing weird was going on. i didn't find anything on the fourms, so i re-installed the older version, and it's fine now.

you can get the older versions on Apple's web site.... search for RawCamera. i don't have a link at the moment, but if you can't find it, let me know.

to see if you have the most recent one (that doesn't work for me,) check System->Library->CoreServices, then scroll down to RawCamera.bundle and take a look at it's version number. 2.0.9 works for me.

if this cures your problem, please make sure apple knows. from the Aperture menu, select Provide Aperture Feedback.

good luck!

kauaiguy
11-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
Saving images to Mac

Thanks for your reply. it has been suggested to me that a reason for the images not showing on my sd card when using card reader or direct to printer slot, is that they may be stored in camera internal memory. i cannot find out whether my K200 has an internal memory as no mention in manual that I can see.
My SD Card is a 2gig Sandisk extreme.
Thanks for you help looks like I'll only be using my USB camera to Mac cable.https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

11-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Get the images off the card and try formatting it again, in camera. Do this every time you've emptied the card.
11-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Ahh, so it works when you plug the camera into the computer, but not when you put the SD card in a card reader.

Survey says: your card reader is old (perhaps 2 years old) and does not support SDHC.
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
Ahh, so it works when you plug the camera into the computer, but not when you put the SD card in a card reader.

Survey says: your card reader is old (perhaps 2 years old) and does not support SDHC.
Nope, the OP said it was a 2gig card. So, it's not SDHC . I agree with a a i b , that after getting the images off the camera via USB, that regular formatting of the card in the camera could help the situation.

EDIT: Nope, looks like I'm wrong!
QuoteQuote:
Many older devices will not accept the 2 or 4 GB size even though it is in the revised standard. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card
I'd still get them off via USB and then format the card regularly in cam.

Hmmm.....

Last edited by X Man; 11-18-2008 at 02:57 PM.
11-19-2008, 02:38 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by X Man Quote
Nope, the OP said it was a 2gig card. So, it's not SDHC . I agree with a a i b , that after getting the images off the camera via USB, that regular formatting of the card in the camera could help the situation.

EDIT: Nope, looks like I'm wrong! I'd still get them off via USB and then format the card regularly in cam.

Hmmm.....
Thanks for all the replies. most helpful.