Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Good deal on K200D kit on ebay

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

It looks legit, ebay # 380076605133 (I have no association whatsoever with seller)

It comes down to $337 after the microsoft cahsback. If you ever wanted to upgrade or get a second body, it's hard to beat I think.

11-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
It looks legit, ebay # 380076605133 (I have no association whatsoever with seller)

It comes down to $337 after the microsoft cahsback. If you ever wanted to upgrade or get a second body, it's hard to beat I think.
Quantity: More than 10 available
+

Ruby Slipper Productions

... what's going on - all of a sudden everybody sells pentax... apparenly nobody is buying slippers anymore.
11-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, the seller is definitely unconventional, but they have high feedback and they seem to respond to queries, which would be somewhat unlikely if this was your run-of-the-mill scam. Perhaps this is equipment that "fell off a truck"?

On the other hand, lots of businesses are going under these days, and clearing inventories cheap, so who knows.

I'm tempted.
11-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All gone now... hope I didn't miss out on something really amazing, since I'm actually looking to get a K20D.

Oh and first post, hello everyone

11-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
Inactive Account

I actually ordered 1 of these. Waiting for shipment notification...Will update on how everything turns out...
11-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I ended up ordering one as well (hey, I said i was tempted, didn't I?). I figured there is little downside because of Paypal protection, and the price with cashback was ridiculous - usually you can barely buy a used K100D for that. I haven't heard from them either, and sent them an e-mail today to check.

If everything works out, I may even be able to convert my K100D to IR in the spring....

Of course, once my wife finds 3 cameras where just a month ago there was one, she may get a tad grouchy, but I'll run the risk.

Here's a thought that just crossed my mind: I paid less for the K20D body and K200D kit combined than I did 4 years back for my Ds. Freaky, uh?

Last edited by slomojoe; 11-19-2008 at 09:24 AM.
11-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Let me know if you hear something or better yet receive it. I sent her an email early yesterday and have not seen a response yet.

I ended up ordering one as well (hey, I said i was tempted, didn't I?). I figured there is little downside because of Paypal protection, and the price with cashback was ridiculous - usually you can barely buy a used K100D for that. I haven't heard from them either, and sent them an e-mail today to check.

If everything works out, I may even be able to convert my K100D to IR in the spring....

Of course, once my wife finds 3 cameras where just a month ago there was one, she may get a tad grouchy, but I'll run the risk.

Here's a thought that just crossed my mind: I paid less for the K20D body and K200D kit combined than I did 4 years back for my Ds. Freaky, uh?

11-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris1 Quote
Let me know if you hear something or better yet receive it. I sent her an email early yesterday and have not seen a response yet.
I ordered one too - before this thread even started. She looked alright. I knew it was a bit of a risk.

I paid on the 12th, she said it would get here in 2-5 days. Nothing yet. She is drop shipping, so I do not know if we will get ship notice or not.

I got this email a couple of days back:

"Having rolling blackouts in our part of Los Angeles...something to do with
the fires. May be offline a bit. Your camera order is safe and in the works.
Don't worry if you don't hear from me for a couple of days. Thanks again
for your purchase. - Christina (artisticcelt), Ruby Slipper Productions"

I've been watching for feedback from some of the "early adopters." Nothing yet.

Draw your own conclusions. I responded asking for an ETA. Nothing yet. Let's stay tight. I'll update with progress if you guys will do the same. Thanks.

woof
11-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh well, too good to be true:
QuoteQuote:
Dear ****:
I'm so sorry, but I'm going to have to cancel our transaction. Be looking for two things to come to your email. One is a notice of full refund from PayPal. The other is a mutual agreement form from eBay, which you will be asked to respond to. The reason I have to cancel is that the camera is no longer available in the price range I was expecting. When I went to pay my dropshipper/supplier, and have them send the camera to you, I found out they had run out of that model completely! I have contracts with several dropshippers and suppliers and went to work asking each of them if they had the camera. Many of the answers came back as no, and the others said yes, but at a much higher price than I'd charged you. Evidently, the price (and demand) for this camera shot way up when it won the best in its class award from Consumer Reports. I even joined a wholesalers group that guarantees they will find you the lowest price for any given item. I put in a search request with them on Monday. I was supposed to hear back from them by Wednesday at the latest, so, since I haven't heard from them, I'm assuming they're finding it impossible to get a price in the range I specified. I was willing to lose a little bit of money on the deal, but, other than the gray-market version (where all instructions are in Japanese), the camera doesn't seem to exist even within $200 of the price we agreed on. So, again, I'm very sorry to be letting you down. I did try. Sincerely - Christina
Did anyone get theirs?
11-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome Wallyb to the forum.
11-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

So did this turn out to be bogus? Just curious.
11-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffrey r Quote
So did this turn out to be bogus? Just curious.
In so many words, yes. Whether this was because she was led to believe by a supplier that the cameras would be there at that price if she sold them, or because she is simply clueless/dishonest, I have no idea. No big deal for me, but if someone lost on some other deal because of this, they'd have the right to be pissed.
11-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Oh well, too good to be true:
Did anyone get theirs?
I got the same message. The refund was prompt and accurate of course.

woof
11-22-2008, 05:53 AM   #14
Veteran Member

That's too bad guys. Well, with the microsoft cashback, there will still be good deals to be had. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a guy selling a like-new hardly used K200D for $410, which came to $300 shipped for me with the cashback.