Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2021, 12:18 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K7 connector cover

Recently i lost the connector cover of my K7.
I did found the cover at uscamera.com, (part nr 77760-A0281) but i cant order it anymore.
Does anyone know where to get that cover (preferably in Europe)

Attached Images

03-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sakura Quote
Recently i lost the connector cover of my K7.
I did found the cover at uscamera.com, (part nr 77760-A0281) but i cant order it anymore.
Does anyone know where to get that cover (preferably in Europe)
I'm in the same boat, except the one I lost is the cover to the grip. I know a K-7 cover will fit a K-5, and vice-versa. Can't find on line and very few of these are old enough to be "parting out."
03-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Roam Redway Quote
I'm in the same boat, except the one I lost is the cover to the grip. I know a K-7 cover will fit a K-5, and vice-versa. Can't find on line and very few of these are old enough to be "parting out."
Out of stock and with Ricoh change in policy they probably can't order more but no harm in asking.

Pentax 77240-A410 Connector Cap | USCamera Pentax Camera SparesUSCamera
03-31-2021, 05:27 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I found one in a repair center in Germany for some 40 euo's.
Placing it on the camera is an other "problem" . The "eye" of the cover has to be hooked behind a flange in the camera itself. But you can't hook it behinde the flange without dismantling the back cover.

And for a connector cover that i am never planning to open again, that is a risk i won't take. Not only that it is probably a lot of work, but also will compromise the water sealing's.

I guess the best solution is just to cut of the closing part of the "eye" and with some superglue mount the cover permanently.

03-31-2021, 05:34 PM   #5

Good to hear you were able to obtain the part. I wouldn't use a superglue. The outgassing which can continue for several months could cause problems. A good contact adhesive would give you a weather "proof" seal and you would be able to remove the cover if need be for some reason.