Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2021, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
My Sigma is HSM, and if you mean I can convert it to scerw drive lens, - I don't even know is that possible
There are exactly four lenses that this works with. I listed the exact models. None of those is a non Pentax lens.

Also another user has indicated that he used pktether and the latest firmware and was able to access debug mode. I wouldn’t worry, just upgrade the firmware at this point.

04-07-2021, 09:22 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LittleSkink Quote
As a K10D owner myself I find firmware 1.31 and PK Tether to be more convenient. My oldest lenses are Pentax M, work perfectly with green button, odd AFs, Tamrons etc likewise. Have yet to try an M42 as I have yet to find a lens I need worth the asking price

You should be able to find PK Tether to download online (I think mine is v1.7) and it is super simple to turn debug on and off with any firmware as there is a menu to do so. I have only used it to tweak back focus issues, it stays at the setting you leave it at even after power off / exit debug - why do you need debug?

You will need the K10D USB cable to plug in to behind the left flap, its not the usual micro USB
I just "won" a K10D on shopgoodwill, waiting for it to arrive. It is supposed to work - we'll see. You said the K10D USB cable is not standard - do I have to use that for a firmware upgrade? You can't just upgrade from the SD card? Is there anything else you need that cable for? I'm not sure if the goodwill camera will come with the cable. I did see a battery and the charger in the picture, and a couple lenses and a camera case, but I'm not sure about the cable.
04-08-2021, 01:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OldChE Quote
I just "won" a K10D on shopgoodwill, waiting for it to arrive. It is supposed to work - we'll see. You said the K10D USB cable is not standard - do I have to use that for a firmware upgrade? You can't just upgrade from the SD card? Is there anything else you need that cable for? I'm not sure if the goodwill camera will come with the cable. I did see a battery and the charger in the picture, and a couple lenses and a camera case, but I'm not sure about the cable.
I've got the cable as well.....

.-
Update firmware from SD Card as usual.

Full charged battery, and .bin file on SD card

-

Cable is not so stadard, I think it's the same like MX-1, but you will see it when the camera arrive to you.

-
You can easily find it in some electronic store - or on e-bay
04-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
I've got the cable as well.....

.-
Update firmware from SD Card as usual.

Full charged battery, and .bin file on SD card

-

Cable is not so stadard, I think it's the same like MX-1, but you will see it when the camera arrive to you.

-
You can easily find it in some electronic store - or on e-bay
Ah, I see. Thanks very much for the explanation!