Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 246 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2021, 08:20 AM   #151
Pentaxian

nevermind - misread post.

Last edited by Pentikonian; 04-06-2021 at 08:26 AM.
04-06-2021, 08:22 AM   #152

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
With all the pre-release hype, discussions, criticisms and speculations going on (understandably so) I just have a simple question. Do you plan on buying the new Flagship K-3?
I've read through countless posts now on the subject of the new camera trying to get a feel for what people here will do..but its just not easy to sort through it all.

Its just a matter of curiosity for me as my mind was
made up long ago. Please just sound off if will you be buying it or not.. Maybe add a brief reason why or why not but lets not rehash the very the detailed discussions going on in other threads.

I will start.. YES!!! I will be buying it.I've wanted an upgraded k-3 for years and am looking forward to the improved autofocus in particular. .. but actually all the improvements in specs are perfect for what I need and want.
I can not wait to shoot that camera with my DFA 150-450 and every other pentax lens I have. I haven't been this stoked about gear in awhile.

AL
I won't be buying it until it becomes value for money $2799 (Australia $) is $1000 over-priced and I have told Pentax/Ricoh/CR Kennedy Australia of this.
04-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #153
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Umm, that's the K-1 ii silver edition, yes? Seems inconsistent with your earlier quoted post.
thanks for the help

got confused again

send email to cancel order

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
At that link I still get nothing but "Keep me informed", no K-3 mk III in the shop, no "buy now" button, etc...
my bad, I got confused no Pentax K 3 III ordered
04-06-2021, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #154
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
thanks for the help

got confused again

send email to cancel order
When you're so excited to buy a K-3iii, you accidentally buy a K-1ii

Proof that they're both great cameras

04-06-2021, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #155
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
When you're so excited to buy a K-3iii, you accidentally buy a K-1ii

Proof that they're both great cameras
trying to beat the odds can affect my eye sight and reading comprehension
04-06-2021, 08:35 AM   #156
Pentaxian

trying to beat the odds can affect my eye sight and reading comprehension
I can understand the enthusiasm.

IIRC I read in one article the K-3III was supposed to be available for pre-order in the US on 6 April, shipping around the 23rd. I'm misremembering, I guess?

Anywhos, been waiting for the email, ready to purchase.
04-06-2021, 08:36 AM   #157
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
I won't be buying it until it becomes value for money $2799 (Australia $) is $1000 over-priced and I have told Pentax/Ricoh/CR Kennedy Australia of this.
I would guess perhaps a couple of years and you should be able to find one used for the price you're willing to pay. Heck, I didn't buy a K1 until last year after the used prices fell to where I saw it as a no-brainer. After-the-fact though I do think I probably would have appreciated having this camera earlier. It's a landscaper's dream camera IMO.

For you waiting a couple years for a well-cared-for K3 III really isn't that long. Patience is a virtue.

04-06-2021, 08:42 AM - 2 Likes   #158
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well for those of you in North America that are looking for the release date to get one...I had emailed BHPhoto and they got back to me to say they don't know yet..

"Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have information when the Pentax K-3 Mark III will be available for pre-orders. This will be announced in our email blast. If you do not already get them you can sign up with the "SIGN UP FOR B&H NEWS AND SPECIAL OFFERS" box on the bottom of every page on our website.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H"

If anyone hears otherwise please post it.

Thanks,
AL
04-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #159

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Well for those of you in North America that are looking for the release date to get one...I had emailed BHPhoto and they got back to me to say they don't know yet..

"Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have information when the Pentax K-3 Mark III will be available for pre-orders. This will be announced in our email blast. If you do not already get them you can sign up with the "SIGN UP FOR B&H NEWS AND SPECIAL OFFERS" box on the bottom of every page on our website.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H"

If anyone hears otherwise please post it.

Thanks,
AL
I can order one now from the 6th April and it will arrive on the 30th April.
04-06-2021, 09:01 AM   #160
Veteran Member

I can understand the enthusiasm.

IIRC I read in one article the K-3III was supposed to be available for pre-order in the US on 6 April, shipping around the 23rd. I'm misremembering, I guess?

Anywhos, been waiting for the email, ready to purchase.
That's my memory as well. I swear I saw something that said 1700/5pm EDT today was when pre-orders would start, but I certainly can't find any evidence of that beyond my memory at this point. I'm signed up for the email from Ricoh. I'd like to see it listed with Adorama or B&H, since Yaotomi is already taking pre-orders at 10% off the JPY MSRP. In fact, you can get a bundle of the camera, an extra battery, and the high-speed charger for 7% less than what Ricoh will sell you the body alone. Sounds like B&H is asleep at the wheel here, but crossing my fingers for Adorama.
04-06-2021, 09:12 AM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
That's my memory as well. I swear I saw something that said 1700/5pm EDT today was when pre-orders would start, but I certainly can't find any evidence of that beyond my memory at this point. I'm signed up for the email from Ricoh. I'd like to see it listed with Adorama or B&H, since Yaotomi is already taking pre-orders at 10% off the JPY MSRP. In fact, you can get a bundle of the camera, an extra battery, and the high-speed charger for 7% less than what Ricoh will sell you the body alone. Sounds like B&H is asleep at the wheel here, but crossing my fingers for Adorama.
I've been back and re-read as much as I can remember reading the last few days, and I'm not finding it.

With only 1000 each of the black and silver premium kits worldwide, I'm curious if B&H and/ or Adorama will get any, and how many if they do.

insert "impatiently drumming fingers on table" emoji...
04-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #162
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

according to reports here at PF

[ and I have no reason to doubt them ]

it has been available for preorder outside the US already

does that affect the special editions i don't know
04-06-2021, 09:19 AM   #163
Veteran Member

I've been back and re-read as much as I can remember reading the last few days, and I'm not finding it.

With only 1000 each of the black and silver premium kits worldwide, I'm curious if B&H and/ or Adorama will get any, and how many if they do.

insert "impatiently drumming fingers on table" emoji...
I read somewhere (the Yaotomi blog post?) that they were holding 400 premium kits in each color for Japan, and I interpreted that as the other 1200 (600+600) would be for global distribution. I probably won't buy the premium kit anyway. I have five D-LI90 batteries already and just don't see myself using the grip enough to justify the add-on cost. However, I will celebrate each Pentaxian who wants one and succeeds in getting one!
04-06-2021, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #164

Photos: Albums
The Camera Store in Calgary just updated their website. Pentax K-3 Mark III
04-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #165
Pentaxian

according to reports here at PF

[ and I have no reason to doubt them ]

it has been available for preorder outside the US already

does that affect the special editions i don't know
Yes, I've seen people from multiple regions posting about their preorders. I don't doubt them either.