Show Printable Version 246 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2021, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #166
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SimplyCreativePhotography Quote
The Camera Store in Calgary just updated their website. Pentax K-3 Mark III
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
. . . insert "impatiently drumming fingers on table" emoji...
insert pounding head against the wall emoji

04-06-2021, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been back and re-read as much as I can remember reading the last few days, and I'm not finding it.

With only 1000 each of the black and silver premium kits worldwide, I'm curious if B&H and/ or Adorama will get any, and how many if they do.

insert "impatiently drumming fingers on table" emoji...
I did find this from HD Guru, which appears to be regurgitating a press release from Ricoh. It mentions the 1700 EDT pre-order time. Can't find the Ricoh press release myself, of course.
04-06-2021, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #168
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I read somewhere (the Yaotomi blog post?) that they were holding 400 premium kits in each color for Japan, and I interpreted that as the other 1200 (600+600) would be for global distribution. I probably won't buy the premium kit anyway. I have five D-LI90 batteries already and just don't see myself using the grip enough to justify the add-on cost. However, I will celebrate each Pentaxian who wants one and succeeds in getting one!
Only reason I'm considering the premium kit is the battery grip. As I understand it, buying the camera and grip separately will be slightly more pricey than the kit, and I will likely have the grip on the camera most of the time. I'm good on spare batteries as well, and the strap isn't a selling point for me.
04-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
according to reports here at PF

[ and I have no reason to doubt them ]
Yes, I've seen people from multiple regions posting about their preorders. I don't doubt them either.
But the real question is, did they actually order K-3iiis or K-1iis?

Sorry Allen

04-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #170
Veteran Member

Only reason I'm considering the premium kit is the battery grip. As I understand it, buying the camera and grip separately will be slightly more pricey than the kit, and I will likely have the grip on the camera most of the time. I'm good on spare batteries as well, and the strap isn't a selling point for me.
For someone who will get good use out of the grip, it seems like a very sensible decision to try to get one of the premium kits!
04-06-2021, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #171
Pentaxian

No (I'm a FF shooter), but the wait for the K-1 Mark III will be really exciting!!!
04-06-2021, 09:40 AM   #172
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
But the real question is, did they actually order K-3iiis or K-1iis?

Sorry Allen
mean

but true

04-06-2021, 09:41 AM   #173

Photos: Albums
insert pounding head against the wall emoji
I think my account with has expired (or I never had a registered account) so I need to create one to add it to my "wish list". Not sure if that will actually let me pre-order it or if it just acts as a bookmark.
04-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SimplyCreativePhotography Quote
The Camera Store in Calgary just updated their website. Pentax K-3 Mark III
Yeah, it says "The collection is empty."

Don't tell me those Aussies have siphoned our allotment as well...

- Craig
04-06-2021, 10:56 AM   #175
Veteran Member

I am unhappy that they decided to make a new battery grip for the K 3 III

perhaps it is a size thing ?
It has the joystick for controlling the AF point, so that's why they needed a new one. I think (but am not sure) it also has the same new shutter button that the body has.

---------- Post added 04-06-21 at 13:01 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Well for those of you in North America that are looking for the release date to get one...I had emailed BHPhoto and they got back to me to say they don't know yet..

"Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have information when the Pentax K-3 Mark III will be available for pre-orders. This will be announced in our email blast. If you do not already get them you can sign up with the "SIGN UP FOR B&H NEWS AND SPECIAL OFFERS" box on the bottom of every page on our website.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H"

If anyone hears otherwise please post it.

Thanks,
AL
I just got this in response to an email I sent to Adorama:

QuoteQuote:
Hi Mitchel,

Thank you for contacting Adorama to inquire about the new Pentax K-3 III.

Right now, we still yet to receive confirmation from the manufacturer on when the item will be ready for pre-order.

Rest assured that it will be available on the webpage once it is available for preorder.

Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
04-06-2021, 11:01 AM   #176
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
It has the joystick for controlling the AF point, so that's why they needed a new one. I think (but am not sure) it also has the same new shutter button that the body has. . .
there is a size difference too between the K 3 III and the K 3 II I just discovered

Compare camera dimensions side by side

Pentax K-3 III is 2% (3 mm) wider and 1% (1 mm) taller than Pentax K-3 II.
Pentax K-3 III is 5% (4 mm) thinner than Pentax K-3 II.
Pentax K-3 III [820 g] weights 4% (35 grams) more than Pentax K-3 II [785 g] (*inc. batteries and memory card).

Pentax K-3 III dimensions: 134.5x103.5x73.5 mm (camera body only, excluding protrusion)
Pentax K-3 II dimensions: 131.5x102.5x77.5 mm (camera body only, excluding protrusion)
04-06-2021, 11:06 AM   #177
Pentaxian

To answer the question, that is a no from me. For the money I would rather have full frame.
04-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Well for those of you in North America that are looking for the release date to get one...I had emailed BHPhoto and they got back to me to say they don't know yet..

"Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have information when the Pentax K-3 Mark III will be available for pre-orders. This will be announced in our email blast. If you do not already get them you can sign up with the "SIGN UP FOR B&H NEWS AND SPECIAL OFFERS" box on the bottom of every page on our website.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H"

If anyone hears otherwise please post it.

Thanks,
AL
I emailed B&H today asking when I could preorder and got this reply from Luis L.:
"That is a decision that is up to the manufacturer and until we get the word from them we do not know when or if the Pentax K3 III will be available for preorder."
04-06-2021, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
No (I'm a FF shooter), but the wait for the K-1 Mark III will be really exciting grueling !!!
I fixed your typo for you
04-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
my 1/50th of a dollar.
Shouldn't it be 1/100TH?

btw,Is Bro back from his swim?