Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 246 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2021, 08:21 PM - 2 Likes   #256
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If Pentax or another producer supplied a SD card, it would never be the "correct" one(brand, size, speed, ???) for any individual customer! JMHO

04-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #257
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
It would seem so, but the most attractive price would be none extra with a costly item, as has been the case.
Like I said, Yaotomi has assembled pretty much every K-3 iii and charger combination you could imagine (including some bundles with a UHS-II SD card). They’re all selling below the MSRP of the K-3 iii body alone. Once Adorama and B&H are ready to sell below MSRP (well, more than the US$3 they’re below it right now), they’ll probably do something like US$1899 in a bundle with K-BC177U, D-BC177U, or K-BC90. They’ll probably throw in some other stuff, too, like you see if you look at the bundles they’ve got the K-1 ii going in now. They may be wanting to use some analytics on what K-3 iii early adopters buy either with the body or within a month or six weeks to see what to bundle with it.
04-09-2021, 08:43 PM   #258
dbs
Pentaxian

A battery charger should be an included acc regardless !

The next step is .... battery not supplied
04-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #259
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DonV Quote
If Pentax or another producer supplied a SD card, it would never be the "correct" one(brand, size, speed, ???) for any individual customer! JMHO
That was sarcasm from me.

04-09-2021, 09:17 PM - 4 Likes   #260
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
A battery charger should be an included acc regardless !

The next step is .... battery not supplied
They have supplied a method to charge the battery, it may not be to your liking but there is a method to charge the battery. People just need to quit pissing and moaning about every little thing that Ricoh/Pentax does or doesn't do.
04-10-2021, 01:19 AM - 3 Likes   #261
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought K3III came with inbody battery load and cable for it, which elinates the need to take battery out for loading. Just can't see what people cry about. To me this looks like an upgrade, but that might be cause I don't have any spare batteries. Never ever have I had a problem of battery not lasting thru a day of shooting.
04-10-2021, 03:03 AM   #262
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
They have supplied a method to charge the battery, it may not be to your liking but there is a method to charge the battery. People just need to quit pissing and moaning about every little thing that Ricoh/Pentax does or doesn't do.
Hi Larry

I have had a look at the Ricoh website and there is a charger supplied.
I was under the impression that one was not supplied going by the posts before my reply.
Sorry for the confusion

04-10-2021, 05:06 AM   #263
Pentaxian

Back to answering the OP's question...

No, I won't be buying the K-3 III.

I'm waiting for the new K-1 III (which will appear when it appears...) as I am heavily invested in FF.

That doesn't stop me from being the most excited I've been, looking forward to something appearing, that I will never have..!

I'm so excited and enthused about the K-3 III that I went out and bought a K-70, 18-135 and 55-300PLM, for not a lot of money (all used but in 'as new' condition).

I did this, dear friends, so that I would not have an excuse to click 'Buy Now' with the K-3 III in my basket, even though it is something I don't need but simply desire!

I have a GRIII that shares the menu system coming to the K3III and I like it and look forward to using it in the next iteration of the K1 line.

However, like others have hinted, if I had a sudden financial windfall, then yes, but just because we are acquisitive beings...
04-10-2021, 05:42 AM - 6 Likes   #264
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did not "plan" to buy a K3III, but was informed by my son that he had preordered a body with grip from B&H; and wouldn't I like to own 1/2 of a brand new flagship Pentax?
After thinking about it for about 2 seconds, I said yes! Where else can I buy a K3III for 1/2 price; since I'm the "senior" partner, I'll allocate the hours of use - he can use it from 8pm to 8am any day.
04-10-2021, 06:18 AM   #265
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Larry

I was under the impression that one was not supplied going by the posts before my reply.
Sorry for the confusion
Let that be a lesson........don't jump off the conclusion cliff with the Lemmings.
04-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #266
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Larry

Sorry for the confusion
I hope that is true, as it is with every other DSLR. I went by dpreview's statement that it is not included. Perhaps the sample they received did not include one, as an oversight. Then I double checked the B&H listing of the new model and the "in the box" itemized list, to find no charger is included in this listing as is is with all other models. When B&H actually receives the first shipment, they should correct that list to clear up this confusion.
04-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #267
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I hope that is true, as it is with every other DSLR. I went by dpreview's statement that it is not included. Perhaps the sample they received did not include one, as an oversight. Then I double checked the B&H listing of the new model and the "in the box" itemized list, to find no charger is included in this listing as is is with all other models. When B&H actually receives the first shipment, they should correct that list to clear up this confusion.
I believe it includes only the USB charger, for charging the battery in-camera. The stand-alone external charger is not included in the body-only purchase. It is not even in the Premium Kit. Personally, this doesn't concern me, as I have three of them anyway.
04-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #268
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I believe it includes only the USB charger, for charging the battery in-camera. The stand-alone external charger is not included in the body-only purchase. It is not even in the Premium Kit. Personally, this doesn't concern me, as I have three of them anyway.
if you go to the operator's manual you will see what is included - page 8

usb power adapter, plug in and usb cord

and pages 39 and 40 of the manual describes how you charge the battery

plug the adapter into the wall with the plug provided

turn off camera

attaching the usb cord to the adapter and to the camera

battery charges through camera

camera must be turned off to charge

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-3-3.pdf

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-10-2021 at 01:36 PM.
04-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #269
Pentaxian

I'll be getting another charger so I can charger outside of camera. (re-worded to clarify)

Sometimes it's nice to be able to charge batteries while I'm using the camera.

Plus, my other one is older and a spare would be good, just in case.

Last edited by Pentikonian; 04-10-2021 at 02:47 PM. Reason: clarification
04-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #270
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
I'll be getting another standard charger.

Sometimes it's nice to be able to charge batteries while I'm using the camera.

Plus, my other one is older and a spare would be good, just in case.
There is a new quick charger available

K-BC177 Battery Charger Kit
Compatible with K-1 Mark II、K-1、K-3 Mark III、K-3 II、K-3、K-5II、K-5IIs、K-5、K-01、K-7
Battery charger for D-LI90 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery.
A discharged battery can be fully charged in about 150 minutes, which is much faster than the K-BC90.

I don't know how the speed compares to the in-camera USB charger, but it is more than twice as fast as the old-model external charger K-BC90 (390 min). This won't be an issue for most of us, but may be relevant to hard-working professionals.

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 04-10-2021 at 02:48 PM.