Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 246 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2021, 02:45 PM   #271
Pentaxian

Thanks.

Yeah, I probably should re-word my post.

I meant I'll be getting a charger to charge batteries outside the camera. Seriously looking at that quick charger.

04-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #272
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
Thanks.

Yeah, I probably should re-word my post.

I meant I'll be getting a charger to charge batteries outside the camera. Seriously looking at that quick charger.
there may be third party chargers that might work for you

like this one:

QuoteQuote:
ProMaster Travel + Battery Charger for Interchangeable Lens Camera Batteries

Input Power: 100 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz | 12 - 24 V DC (for DC In Sockt)

Output Power: 4.2 V / 8.4 V DC, Max. 750 mA (with auto detection) | 5.0 V DC Max. 650 mA (for USB Power Port)

. . .
This charger will charge the following Pentax batteries:

D-Li109
D-Li50
D-Li68
D-Li90
https://promaster.com/Product/9176

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-10-2021 at 03:25 PM.
04-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #273
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Let that be a lesson........don't jump off the conclusion cliff with the Lemmings.
Hi Larry

Did not jump to any conclusion
I merely stated a charger should be included with purchase.
You can not go down to the local store for replacement batteries can you.
The days of AA 's yes you could and did
04-10-2021, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #274
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I hope that is true, as it is with every other DSLR. I went by dpreview's statement that it is not included. Perhaps the sample they received did not include one, as an oversight. Then I double checked the B&H listing of the new model and the "in the box" itemized list, to find no charger is included in this listing as is is with all other models. When B&H actually receives the first shipment, they should correct that list to clear up this confusion.
What's in the box:
Pentax K-3 Mark III APS-C-Format DSLR Camera Body (Silver)
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery (D-LI90 E)
Strap (O-ST162)
ME Viewfinder Cap
USB Power Adapter
Power Plug
USB Cable (I-USB166)

Eyecup FU
Hot Shoe Cover FK
Sync Socket 2P Cap
Body Mount Cap KII
Battery Grip Terminal Cover
Digital Camera Utility 5 Software
Pentax 1 Year Limited Warranty

04-10-2021, 04:24 PM   #275
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few years ago I got a Watson Duo LCD Charger from B&H. They cost about $80 and can charge two batteries. The price varies as they reduce the price if the adapters that come with it are no longer popular. Some as low a $60 at the moment. I got mine for about $30. The really cool thing about them is that adapter plates cost only $1.99 each. So I tossed what it came with and got two for my K1 batteries for $3.98 So I use mine to charge batteries for my K3, K1's, MX-1 and even my Panasonic FZ1000. It is a handy little device and it can charge different batteries at the same time. Nice LCD display so you can track progress. Never had any problems with mine.
04-11-2021, 12:52 AM   #276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too have several chargers from several APS-C models I still own. My thinking, however, is these chargers, which were provided at no extra cost, even in the lowest of models, will have to go when I sell these cameras. I use my equipment sparingly, coming from film as I do, and I take good care of it so as I sell a camera body in virtually perfect condition, better believe the charger will be included, as should be done. I will not go along with the latest cheap mentality.

In my own case, I have some favorite other APS-C models including the KP, which of course came with outboard chargers. I also have my FF K-1 II which uses the same battery and of course has the charger included. But though I am well-fixed with chargers, that does not mean there aren't many others who are not so equipped.
04-11-2021, 02:27 AM   #277
Pentaxian

eBay has plenty of batteries and chargers!

04-11-2021, 02:41 AM   #278
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't get the big deal. USB charging will be fine for most people who are traveling and need to top things off. If you want a stand alone charger, there are a myriad of options out there: amazon.com : dli90 battery charger?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Personally, I have three chargers in boxes that I am not even using along with the one that I am using.
04-11-2021, 02:53 AM   #279
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven’t used my OEM charger in years; I use a two-place generic charger from a well-known online retailer that plugs into my iPhone wall unit.
04-12-2021, 05:07 AM   #280
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Buy one and sell two
K1 stays. I was going to sell the K5IIs until my son tried it and prefers using it over the Fuji X-T2 I had given to him to try. The few paid projects I do these days require high MP output so my next purchase would be the K1-next. I am toying around with letting my Tamron 70-200 f2.8 go but given the prices they command, I am inclined to hold on to it. My two Fujis are going to go in favor of one with better video specs which is the primary use of the system. You are right about the lenses. They are harder to cull. My 28-105 gets the most use. All my other Pentax lenses hardly get any use. When I want to go "Total Pro!," I bring out the Three Amigos.
04-12-2021, 06:07 AM   #281
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
K1 stays. I was going to sell the K5IIs until my son tried it and prefers using it over the Fuji X-T2 I had given to him to try. The few paid projects I do these days require high MP output so my next purchase would be the K1-next. I am toying around with letting my Tamron 70-200 f2.8 go but given the prices they command, I am inclined to hold on to it. My two Fujis are going to go in favor of one with better video specs which is the primary use of the system. You are right about the lenses. They are harder to cull. My 28-105 gets the most use. All my other Pentax lenses hardly get any use. When I want to go "Total Pro!," I bring out the Three Amigos.
With ya on to 70-200. I have both a Sigma and Pentax (and had a Tamron) and as a rule I do prefer the images from the DFA 70-200. Plus it should perform great on the K3 III. Better focus, and speedier. Selling the Sigma would seem to make sense BUT....

1. It's so much lighter than the Pentax and images from it aren't that much different. No problem carrying it for hours.
2. I have both the Sigma-matched 1.4x and 2x TC's. I have used the 2x and it's much better than expected. So more use options out in the field.

So maybe selling the DFA would be the way to go BUT...
1. It really does perform across the entire range. I know what to expect.
2. I like the colors better than those from the Sigma.
3. Silent focus.
4. Faster focus
5. Better for portraits
6. It's a Pentax * lens

So the rational choice is keep both? The Sigma for traveling and hiking, the Pentax for "people" work.
I guess that's how we rationaliize keeping our glass and why they seem so hard to let go of. But I will say that once I have the K3 III in hand and tested some lenses with it I've promised myself to shed some of the gear I really don't use now, and won''t with the K1 and K3 III.

Last edited by gatorguy; 04-12-2021 at 06:17 AM.
04-13-2021, 08:29 AM   #282
Forum Member

wow. I don't understand why this thread deviated on chargers... Please guys stick to the initial thread or open a new one to talk about chargers...

To answer the question, I'm still hesitating to buy it or not. I want something for wildlife photography, I know Rene did well shots with it and I'm waiting on her review this Friday to decide. I'm more on the Yes because of the cost to changing system. Still not decided...
04-13-2021, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #283
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bencoskater Quote
wow. I don't understand why this thread deviated on chargers...
Because we are the whiniest group of enthusiasts on the internet. At least we're off of the flippy screen for a moment.
04-13-2021, 11:58 AM - 2 Likes   #284
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hijacking of threads here at the PF has a long tradition
04-13-2021, 01:45 PM   #285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Have bought it (Premium variant) . Numerous reasons, I like Pentax and I want to keep them around, those waiting for sales or till the price comes down are only fooling themselves. If anything the price will go up or Pentax closes down. I bought new and early.

I like Pentax cameras in hand, the ergonomics suit me so I bought new and early.

I want to see how the new interface works and how Hyper Program has been improved as it will also be transferred to a K-1iii so I bought new and early.

I skipped the ii's in the K-3 and K-1 series and my K-3 is probably 7yrs old now, so I bought new and early.

In between buying cameras, I buy lens, last 2 years have been DFA* focused, I now skip the middleman and buy direct from Ricoh, new and early.

New purchase will probably be the DFA21 f/? Limited (will buy new and early)