Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 246 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #331
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
With all the pre-release hype, discussions, criticisms and speculations going on (understandably so) I just have a simple question. Do you plan on buying the new Flagship K-3?
I've read through countless posts now on the subject of the new camera trying to get a feel for what people here will do..but its just not easy to sort through it all.

Its just a matter of curiosity for me as my mind was
made up long ago. Please just sound off if will you be buying it or not.. Maybe add a brief reason why or why not but lets not rehash the very the detailed discussions going on in other threads.

I will start.. YES!!! I will be buying it.I've wanted an upgraded k-3 for years and am looking forward to the improved autofocus in particular. .. but actually all the improvements in specs are perfect for what I need and want.
I can not wait to shoot that camera with my DFA 150-450 and every other pentax lens I have. I haven't been this stoked about gear in awhile.

AL
Enjoy your new K3iii!
I would obviously love such a piece of kit but it is out of the question at the price... I'm still waiting for used K1's to come down further!

04-19-2021, 05:17 PM   #332
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heinamj Quote
Enjoy your new K3iii!
I would obviously love such a piece of kit but it is out of the question at the price... I'm still waiting for used K1's to come down further!
Thank you! I can not wait! Hope you get the deal you are looking for.. there are k1 bargains popping up in the market place...

Al
04-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #333
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DBiancosino Quote
No wont. Not enough of an upgrade over the K3 which I have.
This us not something I expected to hear.
04-19-2021, 10:45 PM - 1 Like   #334
Forum Member

I would buy it if AF-C in video is good. That lets me bring a single system everywhere, instead of switching between Pentax for photo and Sony for video.

04-20-2021, 01:24 AM   #335
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just month or two back I was certain I would skip k3iii and stay with k3ii. But today I got my k3ii shipped to other forum member. I plan to live with only K1ii till holiday season and then get k3iii. Decision maker was a feedback on AF improvements. If real world reviews will prove otherwise - i will stay with k1ii for longer.
04-20-2021, 04:01 AM   #336
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
With all the pre-release hype, discussions, criticisms and speculations going on (understandably so) I just have a simple question. Do you plan on buying the new Flagship K-3?
I've read through countless posts now on the subject of the new camera trying to get a feel for what people here will do..but its just not easy to sort through it all.

Its just a matter of curiosity for me as my mind was
made up long ago. Please just sound off if will you be buying it or not.. Maybe add a brief reason why or why not but lets not rehash the very the detailed discussions going on in other threads.

I will start.. YES!!! I will be buying it.I've wanted an upgraded k-3 for years and am looking forward to the improved autofocus in particular. .. but actually all the improvements in specs are perfect for what I need and want.
I can not wait to shoot that camera with my DFA 150-450 and every other pentax lens I have. I haven't been this stoked about gear in awhile.

AL
Yes eventually. It's such a fine piece of equipment with the AF.C speed that we've all been waiting for. Plus, the high ISO images are stunning. I wouldn't care much about it's video capabilities.
04-20-2021, 04:31 AM   #337
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will when it comes down in price I just think $2000.00 is over top when others are selling comparable cameras for half of that so if it comes down in price to around $1500.00 I'll grad it.

Addendum: I have purchased this camera I did some research and found the cameras I sighted as being half the price of this camera are clearly not on paper or in real life reviews even close to what this camera has to offer. I have waited anxiously for this camera for 3 years and now I will have my first brand new DSLR camera. I just hope it lives to k-3 quality as I love my K-3i. I'll let you know how it goes

Last edited by BAKrueger; 04-27-2021 at 06:14 PM.
04-20-2021, 04:33 AM   #338
Pentaxian

Nope, K3-III is not on the menu, waiting for the K1-III with an faster card writer. Clicking PS panos with K1 is not fun with changing light :-/
04-20-2021, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #339
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BAKrueger Quote
I will when it comes down in price I just think $2000.00 is over top when others are selling comparable cameras for half of that so if it comes down in price to around $1500.00 I'll grad it.
Comparable cameras for half the price?
04-20-2021, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Comparable cameras for half the price?
Well Canon has a mirrorless they put a small dim ovf on and called it the EOS 90D. That's about half the price.

DPReview gave it 4 stars and said it's an ok camera if you use it like a mirrorless...
04-20-2021, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #341
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Well Canon has a mirrorless they put a small dim ovf on and called it the EOS 90D. That's about half the price.

DPReview gave it 4 stars and said it's an ok camera if you use it like a mirrorless...
Guess DPR knows who writes their checks and who doesn’t.
04-20-2021, 05:56 AM   #342
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote

That Canon looks more like a KP competitor (if the two could actually be competitors) than equivalent to the K3 III.
04-20-2021, 06:15 AM   #343
Veteran Member

i do find the k3III a bit of a dinosaur in 2021. I mean, more and more companies are focusing on either:
mirrorless
full frame
medium format
micro 4/3rds
or mirrorless full frame, or medium format cameras.

not much new is happening with the crop sensor world. Plus, its over priced, in my opinion, and doesn't really offer much over the K1/K1II that would warrant another camera. I mean, its not the smallest camera, which would be great to counter carrying a bigger camera.

If it works for you, then i'm super happy for you and pentax, but i just dont 'get it' with this camera
04-20-2021, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #344
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
i do find the k3III a bit of a dinosaur in 2021. I mean, more and more companies are focusing on either:
mirrorless
full frame
medium format
micro 4/3rds
or mirrorless full frame, or medium format cameras.
And Pentax has a laser-focus on DSLR's. Smart in my opinion with no one else seemingly interested is servicing a market that will remain significant (at least as a percentage of sales) for a long time.

Personally, I hope every other company ignores that segment... except Pentax. Bring the innovation to those dinosaurs..
04-20-2021, 06:39 AM - 2 Likes   #345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it works for you, then i'm super happy for you and pentax, but i just dont 'get it' with this camera
Fortunately, as you suggest, there are plenty of other camera/lens options at all sorts of formats, sizes, capabilities and price-points. They all have strengths, but also weaknesses.

I mean, its not the smallest camera, which would be great to counter carrying a bigger camera.
Which camera would you consider to be "the smallest?"

not much new is happening with the crop sensor world.
Actually, the K-3 Mark III APS-C camera has implemented numerous advancements at a time when other brands seem to be stagnating in their APS-C format gear. It has the potential to sit as a hallmark camera in "the crop sensor world", but we won't know until it has been used extensively 'in the field'.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 04-20-2021 at 07:02 AM.