Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2021, 06:26 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I left a tripod setting on the rim of the Grand Canyon after shooting a sunrise. Hiked about 1-1/2 miles back to the car before realizing it. Hiked back to get it and found a Raven roosting on top of it.

04-24-2021, 02:18 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Great gesture! Can you imagine the odds of not just the finder being an honest individual .. but that a pentax lens is found by a pentaxian? I've never even seen a pentaxian when I have been out shooting.

Al
That is because Pentaxians never assemble, they are taking pictures. They are like a good spy, you know they are there but you never spot them!
04-24-2021, 02:34 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Sprky1285 Quote
Amazed at how someone could just drop a lens....
Easy to do - slip out of the pocket, miss putting it into your camera bag slung behind you, putting it down somewhere while changing out lenses and forgetting to pick it up. All the more easy if your attention is centered on the subject that prompted you to change lenses in the first place.
04-24-2021, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time Lords and Pentax

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Note to all Toronto shooters. What appears to be a manual focus Pentax mount lens was found near Col. Sam Smith park yesterday,

If any one lost a lens send me the details, lens, and if possible serial number and I will contact the finder.
well , I can hardly believe , I am hearing that!
I was walking , the other day and was aiming at the river , struggling to get the manual focus right.
Suddenly my old zoom Pentax lens just vanished.....
Looked around and there was a strange looking individual hiding behind the tree looking at me.
Do not worry my friend , it will pop up somewhere , he ( most likely , it could be she) whispered.
I was speechless , but in Canada , I am in Australia?
Well it was the Pentax A 28 - 80 and the individual was a Time Lord just passing by......
Nobody would believe me , I can provide the serial number.
It is so good to be Pentaxian , I do not think that any Time Lord would pay any attention to Canikon dudes.

04-28-2021, 07:48 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
This is a re-post from 2014:

Typical Melbourne spring day yesterday: overcast punctuated by alternate patches of brilliant sunshine and frigid violent squalls. I was walking around Albert Park (the venue for the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix at the end of summer but inhabited by people walking or running around the lake or playing various sports for the rest of the year) taking a few pictures. As I was putting my gear back in the car to leave, a squall hit, ripping a couple of cotton grocery bags from the boot (i.e., "trunk" to Americans) and sending them scurrying across the grass. I took off in pursuit, with my partially open camera bag bouncing on my back. Having retrieved the bags, I set off for home. Once there though, I noticed my DA 15 was missing!! My mind flashed back to the episode at Albert Park, and I guessed that it had jumped out in that wild few seconds. So back I went in forlorn hope that it might still be there (2 hours later) ... and it was! Just lying on a grassy hill, seemingly none the worse for wear. What a relief.

Nevertheless, it endured at least one bout of heavy rain. I have held it up to the light and looked through both ends with the aperture wide open (which isn't physically very wide on the DA 15) and can't see any sign of moisture, even with a magnifying glass.
That paragraph gave me anxiety at every step!!
04-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #21
Veteran Member

So? Did the unfortunate owner claimed the lost lens? It should be yours after one year and one day.
04-28-2021, 03:04 PM   #22
Pentaxian

there was a kijiji post about a lost k5iis body and lens but the location isn’t quite the same although not that far off:

Lost camera | Lost & Found | City of Toronto | Kijiji