Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 133 Likes Search this Thread
05-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #151
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I get that the 70–210 f/4 has a Pentax label on it, but it seems dodgy to use a Nikkor on the D500 when they could have used the Tamron and really compared the same lens. Otherwise, they should have worked to do something like both manufacturers' native 70–200 f/2.8 lenses.
Do they even know it's a Tamron? Or about the Tamron 70-210's issue I only found out one or two days ago on this forum? Its AF motor appears to be fast enough.

But I think we're on the wrong thread... this one is for me to complain about charts

Last edited by Kunzite; 05-08-2021 at 03:20 PM.
05-08-2021, 03:32 PM   #152
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I get that the 70–210 f/4 has a Pentax label on it, but it seems dodgy to use a Nikkor on the D500 when they could have used the Tamron and really compared the same lens. Otherwise, they should have worked to do something like both manufacturers' native 70–200 f/2.8 lenses.
For how they tested the cameras the difference between the Nikon and the Tamron lens really would not be noticed. While using the Tamron and the Nikon on the D4 the hit rate for was the same, where I noticed the difference is in the extremes that the Nikon did much better.
When I say extremes this is when trying focus on subject much closer and moving much faster than the subjects shown in the video.
I could have used the my Sigma 150-600 and obtained similar results to the Nikon 70-200 ƒ4 for those tests
05-08-2021, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Not a chance of getting a Gold rating (not that I care much). But it is Ricoh's own fault if they don't get the reviews they want or deserve.

They should be putting the cameras and lenses in the reviewers hands that best showcase the product.
They should also be pushing all their talking points for the reviewers, a lot of which are quite lazy and like being spoon fed. ( I exclude Chris and Jordan from that )

If you don't shape the narrative around your products, someone else will do it for you.
05-08-2021, 05:59 PM   #154
dbs
Pentaxian

Technology moves on there is nothing you or I can do to slow it down regardless of its application.
If you don't like how it is being used then don't buy the product, or get a plate negative camera and cape it is supposed to be ' pure ' photography

05-09-2021, 04:49 AM - 1 Like   #155
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Not a chance of getting a Gold rating (not that I care much). But it is Ricoh's own fault if they don't get the reviews they want or deserve.

They should be putting the cameras and lenses in the reviewers hands that best showcase the product.
They should also be pushing all their talking points for the reviewers, a lot of which are quite lazy and like being spoon fed. ( I exclude Chris and Jordan from that )

If you don't shape the narrative around your products, someone else will do it for you.
Yup. That doesn't let biased/snarky reviewers off the hook, but it is indeed rooted in Pentax's dumbness. The fact that they took away the 645Z in the middle of DPR's review at a time when it had zero competitors speaks volumes.

In this case, though, I really think it got as good a representation by DPR as it could given the circumstances. I seemed to me that these guys were trying hard to like it.

BTW, "shot on a Panasonic SH1" is a 2 y.o camera, that retails for about $4K (there's a current discount of $500). And folks are complaining about the K3III's price....