Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
05-02-2021, 04:05 PM - 7 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Proud papa moment

We have always been a house divided with regards to equipment. My wife for some unexplainable reason tends to use something that resembles a camera with strange writing on it “Nikon”.
And I of course have quite the selection of Pentax bodies and glass both film and digital.
Well my daughter has been dabbling with photography off and on over the last couple years and my wife had picked her up one of those strange cameras to let her learn DSLR’S.
Well I just picked up a K3iii and my K5iis has been bumped to 2nd string. So I asked my daughter if she wanted to give it a try.
Should’ve seen the look on my wife’s face as my K5iis left the house on my daughters shoulder lol…
Im betting the Nikon just became a paper weight…

JJ

05-02-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lol. I grew up with a Nikon bias. But later I was convinced to switch to Pentax for my first autofocus film camera. Both are excellent brands with stellar equipment. Your daughter can’t go wrong.
05-02-2021, 04:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm ok with Nikon. But their DSLRs never had IBIS, otherwise they are fine. Sony DSLRs had IBIS but the build quality was nowhere near Pentax. So with Pentax I ended up, and with Pentax I plan to stay.

Let us know if your daughter catches the photography bug and comes up with some great creations!
05-02-2021, 04:34 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I'm ok with Nikon. But their DSLRs never had IBIS, otherwise they are fine. Sony DSLRs had IBIS but the build quality was nowhere near Pentax. So with Pentax I ended up, and with Pentax I plan to stay.

Let us know if your daughter catches the photography bug and comes up with some great creations!
Oh I’m not brand bashing it’s just good natured ribbing. I think most people go with what they know meaning what they start with they stay with until it no longer meets their needs. And I definitely will post up what she comes up with…

JJ

05-02-2021, 04:50 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
We have always been a house divided with regards to equipment. My wife for some unexplainable reason tends to use something that resembles a camera with strange writing on it “Nikon”.
And I of course have quite the selection of Pentax bodies and glass both film and digital.
Well my daughter has been dabbling with photography off and on over the last couple years and my wife had picked her up one of those strange cameras to let her learn DSLR’S.
Well I just picked up a K3iii and my K5iis has been bumped to 2nd string. So I asked my daughter if she wanted to give it a try.
Should’ve seen the look on my wife’s face as my K5iis left the house on my daughters shoulder lol…
Im betting the Nikon just became a paper weight…

JJ
Heh - a fun story! Nothing like a little bit of good-natured rivalry to keep the family dynamics humming.
05-02-2021, 06:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Love it.

Got my daughter started on a Pentax WG-III at an early age. I'm hoping she is going to carry the torch forward.
05-02-2021, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My children don't seem to be interested in anything but phone photography. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If I talk about f stop or shutter, etc., they roll their eyes.

05-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mahanpots Quote
My children don't seem to be interested in anything but phone photography. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If I talk about f stop or shutter, etc., they roll their eyes.
Perhaps it is just a matter of finding the right subject of interest for them?
05-02-2021, 06:25 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey I’ll take 1 out of 6 showing an interest, but I totally get where your coming from…

JJ
05-02-2021, 07:21 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My daughter shoots with Canons but she can’t believe the images I’m getting out of my K-70s and K-3iii. I’m thinking she may switch.
05-02-2021, 08:44 PM - 3 Likes   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats that you got her interested in using any camera.
05-03-2021, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My son uses a K-5 with a 35mm/f2.8 Macro Limited as his standard lens - he loves the combo. No-one else in the family besides the two of us are remotely interested in photography beyond smartphone snaps, sadly.
05-03-2021, 04:04 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol! Justice served!
05-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When or if they eventually go to some fast-moving indoor sport competition and shoot some photos, should be interesting to see how they come out!
05-04-2021, 04:07 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
When or if they eventually go to some fast-moving indoor sport competition and shoot some photos, should be interesting to see how they come out!
We shall see

JJ