Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #76
Veteran Member
vievetrick's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easthampton - Massachusetts - USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,175
good point that is where mine was to.

11-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #77
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Golden Colorado
Posts: 12
I still have not received mine. Wonder if it has anything to do with the type of credit card ( I used AMEX) or maybe their server just crashed...what do I know..just guessing. Anyone else not getting the cancellation yet?
11-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #78
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11
I did receive it, and I live in Europe

Last edited by sato; 11-25-2008 at 03:25 AM. Reason: spelling
11-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #79
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,831
Transaction complete - Email from Amazon saying they will credit my credit card .... Dream is over - and old dream continues (Kxx) .....With possibilities of K20 this opinion has a +/- variance of 10% and is considered accurate 19 times out of 20.

11-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #80
Veteran Member
Venturi's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,639
Got my refund notice from Amazon late last night *sniff*. I never did get the "Are ya nutz?!" email from Adorama though.

I got to thinking whilst waiting for the rejection letters yesterday that Adorama and/or Amazon missed an opportunity to make lemonade from lemons on that deal. The K20D suddenly soared to at least the #2 spot on the Amazon most popular DSLR list thanks to this snafu. That's a crapload of potential customers who, had the deal been real, would likely have wanted/needed a lens to pair up with their "stolen" Pentax body. I'm a little surprised that someone over at Adorama didn't slap together a quick and dirty coupon code to send out with the cancellation notices; an "Our mistake is your gain" type of deal. 15%, 10%, heck even 5% off coupons would bring people into the virtual store front and likely trigger purchases that wouldn't have happened otherwise and probably created some new long term customers. Thoughts?

edit: speak of the devil. My Adorama Dear John letter just arrived.

Last edited by Venturi; 11-25-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: more info
11-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #81
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 35
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Got my refund notice from Amazon late last night *sniff*. I never did get the "Are ya nutz?!" email from Adorama though.

I got to thinking whilst waiting for the rejection letters yesterday that Adorama and/or Amazon missed an opportunity to make lemonade from lemons on that deal. The K20D suddenly soared to at least the #2 spot on the Amazon most popular DSLR list thanks to this snafu. That's a crapload of potential customers who, had the deal been real, would likely have wanted/needed a lens to pair up with their "stolen" Pentax body. I'm a little surprised that someone over at Adorama didn't slap together a quick and dirty coupon code to send out with the cancellation notices; an "Our mistake is your gain" type of deal. 15%, 10%, heck even 5% off coupons would bring people into the virtual store front and likely trigger purchases that wouldn't have happened otherwise and probably created some new long term customers. Thoughts?

edit: speak of the devil. My Adorama Dear John letter just arrived.
It would make it look like a marketing ploy, most probably getting them into hot water over a false price claim to lure you in.
11-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #82
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 39
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I think I was one of the first to get an order placed (about 7:50am Central) and one of the first to get the cancellation.
If I would have ordered immediately(which I almost did) it would have been about 6:05 AM cental. Just curious, what time did the price go back to normal?
11-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #83
Site Supporter
germar's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 728
There WAS a Adorama rep on the forum..

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
I'm a little surprised that someone over at Adorama didn't slap together a quick and dirty coupon code to send out with the cancellation notices; an "Our mistake is your gain" type of deal. 15%, 10%, heck even 5% off coupons would bring people into the virtual store front and likely trigger purchases that wouldn't have happened otherwise and probably created some new long term customers. Thoughts?
There was an Adorama rep floating around the forum by the name "Helen Oaster" a few months back. See seemed responsive enough, even gave me a 10 dollar off coupon because I complained about a poorly graded used lens I bought there once. The coupon never worked, but that's another story.

Interesting that Helen the Adorama rep didn't return to the forums to talk with us after all this happened. She probably couldn't do much, but it would have been nice for Adorama's PR at this point.

Oh, Helen ... are you lurking out there?

11-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #84
Adorama Camera Representative
Helen Oster's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 545
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
There was an Adorama rep floating around the forum by the name "Helen Oaster" a few months back. See seemed responsive enough, even gave me a 10 dollar off coupon because I complained about a poorly graded used lens I bought there once. The coupon never worked, but that's another story.

Interesting that Helen the Adorama rep didn't return to the forums to talk with us after all this happened. She probably couldn't do much, but it would have been nice for Adorama's PR at this point.

Oh, Helen ... are you lurking out there?
Yup, I'm here.....thank you so much to whoever alerted me to this thread; I'm now visiting over 200 websites, blogs, photo sharing sites etc on a regular basis, now, and hadn't popped in to you yet, this week.

Firstly, of course, I do want to apologize - and assure you that all refunds will be issued as quickly as possible to any customer who fears the wrath of his/her DW / DH /Bank Manager, now that the true price has been advertised.

I can only begin to imagine how frustrating it must have been to discover that the price that was posted was incorrect, and of course, I offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment that this will have caused to those customers who hoped this was a genuine offer, rather than an error in the posting.

I also want to apologize that the standard letters received by you all were (in my humble opinion), very short and, I thought, a bit abrupt.

I would love nothing more than to be able to send you all a nice, big Adorama coupon for $200 - somehow, I don't think my Management Team are going to let me do that……... I think I'd also be right in saying that we'd be walking a fine line as far as any of our competitors are concerned; if they wanted to suggest that it was all some sort of scam to attract new customers to Adorama.

Someone made a slip-up here, of that there is no doubt. Whether at Amazon, or Adorama, I don't know, but I do know you don't really want the head of that person on a plate - not just before the Holiday……..

I want to finish by thanking all of you for your understanding.

If you ever need to contact me directly, please don't hesitate: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

BTW, "germar",can you email me directly with either the coupon code I issued to you, or your full name, and I'll issue another one (I don't know why, but every now and then they don't go through, but of course you are absolutely entitled to that discount next time you order).

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
11-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #85
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 402
Helen-
Did you by chance have anything to do with dropping the adorama price down to $699?
11-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #86
Veteran Member
SuperAkuma's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 445
QuoteOriginally posted by PentHassyKon Quote
Helen-
Did you by chance have anything to do with dropping the adorama price down to $699?
I was going to ask the same here. I noticed today that Adorama listed the price for the K20D for $699 today, about $30-40 cheaper than everywhere else.

I am still waiting to see if Pentax will offer any rebates this year. I will wait until Dec 1 to see. If they don't off any by than, I doubt they will offer any at all. I will buy it on Dec 1, with or without a rebate.
11-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #87
Damn Brit
Guest




Amazon price has gone back up to $819. Maybe they and Adorama are taking turns at having the lowest price to crowd out the competition. Willoughbys also gets a turn now and then.
11-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #88
Veteran Member
SuperAkuma's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 445
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Amazon price has gone back up to $819. Maybe they and Adorama are taking turns at having the lowest price to crowd out the competition. Willoughbys also gets a turn now and then.
amazon is still at $742.xx
kinda scared me there for a sec...
11-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #89
Damn Brit
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by SuperAkuma Quote
amazon is still at $742.xx
kinda scared me there for a sec...
Honestly, I checked just before I posted and that was the lowest Amazon showed.

Sorry but I did forget to mention that was with the kit lens, sorry. That was the only Amazon price I could find. Maybe there was a glitch.
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #90
Damn Brit
Guest




Just another thought, maybe it is a business decision on Pentax partto allow the prices to drop. After all, lens prices are remaining static or even increasing, that's where the profit is made.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k20d, photography, price
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D price kibipod Pentax DSLR Discussion 20 12-27-2008 08:30 AM
K20D price when first announced LittleSwans Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 06-25-2008 12:41 AM
Best Price for the K20D? Eastern Shore Charlie Pentax DSLR Discussion 24 04-18-2008 04:44 PM
Just handled the GX-20 and K20D Price offertonhatter Pentax DSLR Discussion 0 02-25-2008 03:13 PM
K20D official Price in UK offertonhatter Pentax News and Rumors 20 01-27-2008 05:32 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top