Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
05-14-2021, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
We use the term squirrel in our house for easily getting distracted. The 31 limited was next on my list and I was gonna rent a DA 300 for an upcoming event when all of a sudden the DA70 went on sale combined with my poinst caused me to spend less than a kit lens for it…So I’m guessing I’ll rent the 300 love it and the 31 will get kicked further down the list. Anyone else have this problem?

JJ
Yep... I suffer from this too and have the gear to prove it! The pandemic was not helpful either it left me with time on my hands... thats not good..not good at all!

Btw.. We use the word "squirrel" in my house the same.... Dog.in movie "up"?

Al

05-14-2021, 05:19 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am a hoarder myself. I have squirreled away a lot of lens over time and slowly selling them. I somewhat switched to the darkside with sony but still have my k1 and k5. It's tough when you love both for different reasons. I may be selling my 31 if anyone entices me but it's a continual struggle.
05-14-2021, 01:32 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
We use the term squirrel in our house for easily getting distracted. The 31 limited was next on my list and I was gonna rent a DA 300 for an upcoming event when all of a sudden the DA70 went on sale combined with my poinst caused me to spend less than a kit lens for it…So I’m guessing I’ll rent the 300 love it and the 31 will get kicked further down the list. Anyone else have this problem?

JJ
I have a problem: I put all my lenses on my desk and I look at them. What do I need? What I need is to get rid of most of them. I want to keep the 11-18mm *; the 20-40mm Ltd, the DA 55mm *; the DA 35mm F2.4 and the 55-300 plm (but I do not know why). Then I have to get rid of the GX-10, the K-7, the K-01 and the K-3 Mark II and all the compacts and the film era camera's (including an LX!). Problem is I can get hardly any money for them and when I try to give them away but nobody wants a Pentax. Young people start to laugh at me and ask me if I have a smartphone and when I say yes they ask me if I do not know how to use it, because who wants to take pictures with such a big old ugly thing, they start laughing and say they feel sorry for me. What I probably want is the forthcoming 16-50mm *. To replace the Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 and the 20-40mm (although I think I cannot part with it). And that's it.
05-14-2021, 02:18 PM   #19

+1 hoarder with GAS.
Recently picked up an used film-era Tamron 28-200mm, only to find out I already had one from years ago.

05-15-2021, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
I have a problem: I put all my lenses on my desk and I look at them. What do I need? What I need is to get rid of most of them. I want to keep the 11-18mm *; the 20-40mm Ltd, the DA 55mm *; the DA 35mm F2.4 and the 55-300 plm (but I do not know why). Then I have to get rid of the GX-10, the K-7, the K-01 and the K-3 Mark II and all the compacts and the film era camera's (including an LX!). Problem is I can get hardly any money for them and when I try to give them away but nobody wants a Pentax. Young people start to laugh at me and ask me if I have a smartphone and when I say yes they ask me if I do not know how to use it, because who wants to take pictures with such a big old ugly thing, they start laughing and say they feel sorry for me. What I probably want is the forthcoming 16-50mm *. To replace the Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 and the 20-40mm (although I think I cannot part with it). And that's it.
Oh, I would love a K-01 ............. I will just check the prices

And so it begins, again