Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
05-17-2021, 01:58 AM   #16
Pentaxian

These guys Photonify Photographers Marketplace: Lightroom Presets, Photoshop Actions & More. have a wide range of plugins for various effects, including several film-type emulations, though I'm not sure there's any specific film manufacturers included. Some freebies, so might be worth a look

05-17-2021, 04:43 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
This may well have been asked before so apologies if it has.

Looking at my K70's Custom image setting there are 13 different settings but not one, as I understand it, that emulates any specific named film type be it black and white or colour, on the other hand my Fuji XE-1 mirrorless has 7 specific film types to choose from plus 3 generic black and white, granted Fuji is/was a film producer so that's probably not unexpected.

I'm just curious if it is possible to add a specific film type into the camera's settings - I'm not going to do it just curious.

I suspect that it is because Pentax is not tied to any film maker ?

I believe that you can do this with certain post processing software.
I don't know of any for in camera with Pentax but in post I use DXO and they have their film pack option
05-17-2021, 05:40 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Keep in mind most film names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their owners, and they would have to be licensed.
05-19-2021, 12:25 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you one and all, I didn't expect so many interesting supplies.