Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #1

Lens compatiblity

I have a K110D which I've had for more than 14 years. Camera works well, but I've been thinking of updating to a newer camera. My question is that I have two lens, a Pentax 28-80 and a Sigma 70-30, both are K mounts. Will these lens fit a new camera such as the K70 or K1?

05-19-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
these charts might be of interest

QuoteQuote:
Pentax K-Mount Lens Series Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

QuoteQuote:
Pentax K-mount Lens Compatibility Chart
Copyright 2006-2020 Mosphotos.com. All rights reserved.
The Pentax K-mount Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

and this tool as well

QuoteQuote:
Check Lens Compatibility with your Pentax Camera
Most Pentax lenses are compatible with most Pentax cameras. However, there are some exceptions to this rule, including limitations with certain lenses. It's always a good idea to check before buying a lens.

This tool lets you check the compatibility of your Pentax digital camera with any Pentax lens or any current third-party lens. Type a partial name to see suggestions. See also: Lens Search | Camera Database

Read more at: Check Lens Compatibility with Your Pentax Camera
05-19-2021, 11:06 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cameras being backward compatible with old lenses is usually how things work so if a lens work on an older body it should (unless there is something that has gone wrong) work on a newer body. Lenses however may not be supported by older bodies like the PLM lenses on something like at K110D.
05-19-2021, 12:25 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Pentax 28-80 and Sigma 70-300 are both full frame lenses and will work on the K1. It will get you started but for the very best results you might want more modern glass.

05-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by davea Quote
I have a K110D which I've had for more than 14 years. Camera works well, but I've been thinking of updating to a newer camera. My question is that I have two lens, a Pentax 28-80 and a Sigma 70-30, both are K mounts. Will these lens fit a new camera such as the K70 or K1?
The direct answer is Yes
05-19-2021, 02:40 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since both of your current lenses were designed for 35mm film use (the same size as the sensor of a full-frame DSLR like the K-1, ) If you are going to stick with an APS-C camera like the one you have, the upgrade being to the K-70, you will continue to have no wide angle shooting available, as you now have. If you go to the FF K-1 II, your 28-80mm can then provide wide angle also. But I would not suggest buying either new camera based on the lenses you now have, as they are not of good enough quality to spend money towards a camera for their use.

What I am saying is, if you are gong to upgrade over what you have, by all means be sure to upgrade in new lenses as well.

And, welcome to the forum!
05-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you all for taking the time to help me with your comments. Stay safe and well.