Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2009, 07:07 AM   #31

Is there any chance that your pictures are simply overexposed? Are highlights blown out? Simply setting exposure compensation so that you had a one stop overexposure would give you results that lacked depth.

What are the results like if you change exposure compensation to underexpose by 1 stop?

What do the histograms look like? These can be a big clue especially if you have pictures on the other camera for comparison. If the histograms from the 2 cameras look similar but shifted to one side then there is an exposure issue.

01-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevbirder Quote
Is there any chance that your pictures are simply overexposed? Are highlights blown out? Simply setting exposure compensation so that you had a one stop overexposure would give you results that lacked depth.

What are the results like if you change exposure compensation to underexpose by 1 stop?

What do the histograms look like? These can be a big clue especially if you have pictures on the other camera for comparison. If the histograms from the 2 cameras look similar but shifted to one side then there is an exposure issue.
Yep, this could be the case. Compare histograms or just take 5 bracketed shots with K200D from -2,-1,0,+1,+2 and see if your with negative or positive compensation will be better.
01-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Just popping in to say that I'm very satisfied with my K200D and the Pentax DA 1:3.5-5.6 18-55mm AL II kit lens. The IQ is superb.

Also, numerous testimonies rate this kit lens one of the best kit lenses around.

I would think that the OP's problem is the lens.