Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
06-23-2021, 07:08 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
For my two-bits---
I have the K1-ii, but never got the K1. I've found that, although the pixel-shift images are definitely impressive, yet I almost never shoot that way. Everything MUST be PERFECTLY STILL to realize any improvement. And the very excellent images the camera gives us without pixel shift are so good that PP pretty much covers everything I would get with the pixel-shift. But then, sometimes I change my mind and make the 150megabyte shot--then wonder how many of those I want to store on my hard drive. I shoot almost everything in the regular mode; then, when I think I have a perfect composition, I *sometimes* add another with pixel-shift. But must be no movement whatsoever. (I shoot landscapes.)
Get the best glass rather than the best camera. The K1-ii won't improve what the glass won't show--my two bits.

06-24-2021, 12:17 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
If waiting for the K1-III is anything like waiting for the K3-III, you have a long, long wait. But the time will be filled with rumors, speculation threads, little teaser videos, and lots of other things. So you won't get bored – only frustrated.

For me, I think I would like my K1 before they put me in the "home," so I'll probably keep an eye on the Pentax Marketplace.
LOL true, I'm already VERY happy with the K1, so I'll probably not going to jump at the K1-III as soon as it is announced, unless something untoward happens to my K1. If I do get frustrated, I'll spend that on glass - the 150-450 just winked at me ;-)
06-24-2021, 03:40 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I intend to rent a 150-450 during my week off in July.
06-24-2021, 03:58 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
If waiting for the K1-III is anything like waiting for the K3-III, you have a long, long wait.
That might not be the case - the "K-1iii" is supposed to reuse the K-3iii's platform. And there's a huge difference between reusing and developing from scratch!
Of course, I'm not expecting it this year; we'd have rumors if that was true.

06-24-2021, 04:08 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
we'd have rumors if that was true
We'd have rumors in any case, here at PF, we thrive on two things; rumor, speculation and innunendo.
06-24-2021, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
We'd have rumors in any case, here at PF, we thrive on two things; rumor, speculation and innunendo.
When I say "rumor", I actually mean "leaks which are not yet verified"
06-24-2021, 05:12 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cdd29 Quote
Hand held pixel shift, better tracking & focus algorithms would be handy.
From commenters' comments so far, it sounds to me that if those features were "imperative" rather than "handy," then it might be worth the upgrade. Since those features will be more conveniences than necessities, then I would lean toward identifying something you really need and then purchase that . . . or salt the money away for a " K-1 Mark III" day.

06-26-2021, 04:14 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Next K1 iteration may be 2 years or less away, not worth upgrading to K1ii in the meantime.
06-27-2021, 03:28 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I intend to rent a 150-450 during my week off in July.
All the best , I intend to do that, before plunking the cash to own one. Would be good to read about your experience.
06-27-2021, 04:12 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Would be good to read about your experience.
Alas, I was too late to reserve either, so it will happen later in the month.