Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Forum Member

Built-in flash and EV question

On my K100d I cannot use the EV exposure number to get a proper exposure with the built-in flash up. It's always flash -3.0 or -2.5, basically the reading it should show it the flash wasn't up.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks, Peter V.

03-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just curious as to what lens you are using, and how far your subject is?
03-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Just curious as to what lens you are using, and how far your subject is?
It happens with both the DA 16-45mm and the DA 40mm, subjects at any distance.

It's like the camera simply doesn't register that I am shooting with flash. :ugh:
03-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nystateofmind27 Quote
It happens with both the DA 16-45mm and the DA 40mm, subjects at any distance.

It's like the camera simply doesn't register that I am shooting with flash. :ugh:
NY, sorry, I got (for lack of better wording) killed at work today because I was up late monitoring my network with this Daylight savings time stuff.

I'll need to get back to you on this because I need to get to work very early tomorrow.

Very sorry.

P.S. While messing with my camera in M mode resulting pictures will underexpose if shutter speed too high or aperture too small, even when ev or flash compensation is cranked up to +3.0.

03-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Alvin, no problem at all, i appreciate your replies.

Just check if the EV Monitor shows if the exposure will be proper with the flash up, no EV compensation.
03-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Always willing to at least try - sometimes not able.

Have a good night
03-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

when the flash is up and the camera is in P mode..the ev button alters the flash power.. a minus will simply turn the flash power down.. a plus will simply turn the flash power up..

exactly the same effect as altering the flash power in the menue.. it works and is simple and quick.. but it dosnt show up in the settings.. not so clever with fill flash or anything complicated thow..

trog

03-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nystateofmind27 Quote
On my K100d I cannot use the EV exposure number to get a proper exposure with the built-in flash up. It's always flash -3.0 or -2.5, basically the reading it should show it the flash wasn't up.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks, Peter V.
My GX-1S does the same thing ... the meter will only show the reading that it can take ... It can't really know anything about how the flash will effect the exposure until it is fired.

Barney
03-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyCG Quote
My GX-1S does the same thing ... the meter will only show the reading that it can take ... It can't really know anything about how the flash will effect the exposure until it is fired.

Barney
Thanks for the replies.

i see.. I guess it's trial and error but I kind of know that at 1/180 for a subject 4 feet away i can get away with f/13.