Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2021, 07:44 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I have a differently-named version of that same extension tube, with the same loose aperture lever. It's very poor quality - plastic tube, poorly chromed body mount and lens mount (with inaccurate tolerance which result in an alarmingly tight fit), aperture lever feels like it's made of tin. I attached it to my old K-5 a couple of times, attached an old lens - without heeding the aperture lever warning - and nearly ended up with it stuck on the extension tube for good. After that, I put it back in the box and initiated a return with the seller, who refunded my money and told me I could keep it (I suspect I wasn't the first to be dissatisfied with the item). I've not bothered with it since...
Lens mounts fine in my case, and indeed, the lever is bit of an annoyance. But it works , I wasn't able to find many alternatives with contacts (none actually), so in the end happy. Quality is sufficient to support even my 300 mm lens in a stable way.

09-10-2021, 10:58 AM - 2 Likes   #17

Original Poster
Hey ! Thank you all for your answers and all the resources. I still need to think about it but I think I'm going to keep those extension tubes. They are indeed really good manufacture. I think I'm going to go for @kypfer suggestion for now, which is find an all school lense, I find that appealing. I'll also look into all those length suggestions, it's awesome.

It's now way clearer to me, and I'm happy I have it. It was indeed misunderstanding of my part and please note I didn't accuse the seller of it, I was just concerned.

I guess I went a bit to fast and bought too much on an impulsion but I guess I'll give it a try, just because now I'm curious and I'll read about other solutions (alos because I'm curious) and maybe it'll be the beginning of something really fun !