Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
I haven't removed the screen in my K10, but when I replaced the screens in both my DS's, I noticed how delicate and fragile both the frame, and screen are. I would assume the K100 and K10 are the same. I think that it would be very easy to damage the frame without even knowing it, if you are not careful with your installation.
My only problem with that Alan,is that a damaged frame would probably result in image distortion in the viewfinder. The OP doesn't mention this. (Maybe he doesn't notice it?) Of course if he's doing macro work, like the image of the microphone suggests, maybe the distortion was mistaken for normal DOF out of focus areas. I don't know. There are a few too many variables for me at this point.

NaCl(it would be nice to have a simple look-see inside that camera)H2O

03-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
My only problem with that Alan,is that a damaged frame would probably result in image distortion in the viewfinder. The OP doesn't mention this. (Maybe he doesn't notice it?) Of course if he's doing macro work, like the image of the microphone suggests, maybe the distortion was mistaken for normal DOF out of focus areas. I don't know. There are a few too many variables for me at this point.

NaCl(it would be nice to have a simple look-see inside that camera)H2O
Your point is taken, but if it is only off by just a tad, he might not notice the distortion. You are right though, there are plenty of possibilities here.
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Looks like we all got to the same conclusion about the same time: that camera probably needs to be serviced. Seems a shame; maybe there are just too many gadgets too play with.

It's been fun kicking this around, thanks everyone. I wonder... Can I find something else this interesting for next Monday?????