Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2021, 02:31 PM - 2 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
National Parks in the Desert

Monument Valley - Is there a shot that has not been taken in Monument Valley? Check out the dirt rd between the rocks. K 1000
Arches Park - So many views to choose from - this is close to the entrance. The rd is in the foreground. K 30

Both places are fee areas.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by mymaiseygirl; 11-22-2021 at 12:29 AM.
10-31-2021, 02:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
beautiful place
10-31-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the first shot. Great contrasts. Thank you for sharing.
10-31-2021, 06:06 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nicely done! That's another one of my "bucket list" destinations.

10-31-2021, 06:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful! Very creative! Love the high desert. I spent a month this year from mid-May to mid-June at the National Parks in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona camping in a tent. Just an amazing area. Photo opportunities everywhere you look.

Last edited by DWS1; 10-31-2021 at 07:01 PM.
10-31-2021, 08:57 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I spent today biking in Canyonlands

Timely topic fo rme. This afternoon, I rode my road bike from the visitor center to Grand View and back.Took my K-3 II, my DA 18-135, a circular polarizer filter, and a tripod. If ever there was an occasion to use Pixel Shift Resolution, this was it. I shot RAW to Card 1 and JPG to Card 2. These are straight out of the camera jpgs using the "Landscape" Custom Image setting and setting the WB to "Daylight." All of these were taken at Overlooks--no hiking involved. (That was yesterday's visit.) What a place!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
11-01-2021, 01:49 AM   #7

Spent a day at Arches & Canyonlands about ten days ago. We were on our way home after driving from the north Oregon coast to the Virginia coast, and then down to Florida to see family. We hadn't determined our return route until the day we left Florida. All of a sudden we honed in on Moab, and boy are we ever glad we did. Of the National Parks I've seen, I'd rank Arches right behind Yellowstone for sheer spectacular beauty. A totally different kind of park with it's easy scenic drive, but every turn reveals something uniquely amazing!

11-01-2021, 06:49 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Roam Redway Quote
Timely topic fo rme. This afternoon, I rode my road bike from the visitor center to Grand View and back.Took my K-3 II, my DA 18-135, a circular polarizer filter, and a tripod. If ever there was an occasion to use Pixel Shift Resolution, this was it. I shot RAW to Card 1 and JPG to Card 2. These are straight out of the camera jpgs using the "Landscape" Custom Image setting and setting the WB to "Daylight." All of these were taken at Overlooks--no hiking involved. (That was yesterday's visit.) What a place!
Thanks so much for ur pictures and everything. Yes that first picture is from the Island in the Skies district lookin out at what they call one of the islands.
That second one looks like u biked down the trail into the canyon and the third one looks like a view of Shaeffer Canyon. Looks like u had quite a day.
Love that name, Roam Redway. Well glad u looked at the pictures. Thanks. Real Nice pictures, too.