Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2021, 03:33 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Duracell batteries for Pentax cameras?

Has anyone tried Duracell Direct in the UK for batteries for their DSLR's?
1000mA/h D-Li109 equivalent for £17.40
1600mA/h D-Li90 equivalent for £25.80
inc. VAT free p&p!
My aftermarket D-Li109 "spares" ('Hahnel' and 'Jupio' brands) have reached the end of their useful lives, (three years and one year respectively), so I'll be happy to have a (hopefully) reliable spare in the bag if necessary
Living "off-shore", getting batteries delivered has become increasingly difficult (and expensive), so these seem an attractive option!

11-25-2021, 04:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The name may give false confidence as they are a distributor not Duracell themselves. The batteries you mention aren't Duracell but 2-Power brand. Older reviews claim they use Japanese or Korean cells rather than Chinese ones but I don't know if that is still the case.
11-25-2021, 04:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm afraid we shall not confuse DSLR with a rabbits although one might think about mirrors that keep flapping away tirelessly when Duracell powered.
11-25-2021, 05:43 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 2-power batteries are OK as areduracell direct but you may be better getting a hahnel or annsman sent out by wex or park cameras

11-25-2021, 05:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Pentax D-LI90 is rated at 1860mAh so remember that “equivalent” doesn’t pack as much power.
11-25-2021, 06:06 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I'm afraid we shall not confuse DSLR with a rabbits although one might think about mirrors that keep flapping away tirelessly when Duracell powered.
Wrong brand... the bunny is Energizer. But you still made me laugh - that's quite the vision. Stilll snapping... and snapping...
11-25-2021, 06:10 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Wrong brand... the bunny is Energizer. But you still made me laugh - that's quite the vision. Stilll snapping... and snapping...
Camera snapping - photographer flapping ?

11-25-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
The 2-power batteries are OK as areduracell direct but you may be better getting a hahnel or annsman sent out by wex or park cameras
Thanks … apparently Wex no longer ship to the C.I. … I can't see any Pentax equivalents under Hahnel or Annsman at Park Cameras …
11-25-2021, 10:40 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Wrong brand... the bunny is Energizer
I have always known of the Duracell Bunny. A bit of digging (pun intended) shows the Duracell Bunny to be trademarked everywhere except the USA and Canada, which I guess is because of the Energiser Bunny.

Don't want them to start breeding !
Attached Images

11-26-2021, 12:36 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Thanks … apparently Wex no longer ship to the C.I. … I can't see any Pentax equivalents under Hahnel or Annsman at Park Cameras …
That's annoying. Try Bristol Cameras. They have a good reputation and actually state on their website that not only do they ship to the channel islands, but they also knock the vat off I had a look on their site and they seem to have lots of options
11-26-2021, 02:18 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
That's annoying. Try Bristol Cameras. They have a good reputation and actually state on their website that not only do they ship to the channel islands, but they also knock the vat off I had a look on their site and they seem to have lots of options
Thanks for the plug. I'm a fan of Bristol Cameras and have bought my last three Pentax bodies and some other accessories from them.
The two batteries I have that now need replacing were part of the "bonus" packs that came with my K-70 and KP.
They even offered to replace the Jupio under warranty if I returned it to them … unfortunately shipment of "hazardous materials" from Jersey was very similar cost to that of a replacement battery!
Just thought I'd try a different brand, rather than any reflection on Bristol Cameras, who've always been totally reliable
I've had notification from the courier company that the battery is in transit
Exactly how Duracell Direct can sell a battery including courier delivery at those prices … one of the mysteries of the modern world!
If it lasts a year it'll still have been cheap … albeit probably not as cheap as a Pentax original, pro-rata.

PS : The battery arrived within 24hrs packaged as hazardous air freight!
Reports on overall battery performance and life will have to wait for now

Last edited by kypfer; 11-26-2021 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Extra data :)