Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Christmas party

The company I work for is having a Christmas party today and I'm taking my camera.
Any tips for shooting this type of situation would be very helpful and appreciated.

We are a big family and the executive director is having it at her home. I really haven't done any of this type of shooting before and I just got the metz flash. I'm going in blind
I think I will take my 77 limited of course, the tammy 28-75 and the Voigtlander just in case.

Thanks all,
Oren

12-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The 28-75 will suffice, unless you wish to do ambient light portraits with the 77mm... as for shooting the party, here's what I do... camera at M mode, meter the scene, underexpose about 1 to 1 1/2 steps, then set the flash to P-TTL... ISO about 800 (to capture enough ambient light with a fast enough shutter, and to save on batteries if you intend to shoot all night!). Simple yet effective!
12-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I should have asked this question a little earlier rather than last second. I decided to drop the Voigtlander. My 77 is new to me so I want to try to play with it a little. I know keeping it simple is a good idea since the lack of experience.

Thanks leadbelly!