Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2021, 10:14 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I find that the more theories i attempt to adhere to, the more i mess it up, so the safest bet is to just remember to expose slightly to the right but avoid blowing the highlights. This is especially important at higher iso where the noise, like a little photographic bogey man, lives in the shadows there have been some brilliant and fascinating answers. I am really glad I asked the question PF members really know their stuff

12-13-2021, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have not observed any heavy handed NR. It is just folks being too0 attached to theoretical purity.
12-14-2021, 02:29 AM - 2 Likes   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I have not observed any heavy handed NR. It is just folks being too0 attached to theoretical purity.
I couldn't see anything when I tested it but some pentaxians are so fine tuned they can spot aberrations with their eyes closed and their image quality reflects this. For me, its good to know there is a second sweet spot. I am not a good enough photographer to worry about the finer details
12-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Interesting that the K-3iii peak is at 400, with NR. But the K-1 beats all recent Pentax DSLRs at 100 iso.

https://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm#Pentax%20K-1,Pentax%20K-3%20I...0s,Pentax%20KP
interesting indeed !

12-15-2021, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #50
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Me, neither. And I very much agree. I've seen some samples that maybe were a problem....maybe?

Funny thing, though: I've never see a really good photograph where this was a problem in any way. It's kind of cat picture level nit picking. BTW, that was a thing before the interwebby. I was working at a camera shop part time in the summers when I started my academic career, back in the mid eighties, and it was a Hassy dealer. I remember one day this customer came in who'd recently bought a whole bunch of Hassy gear with some recent prints. Prints of cats from a drugstore send-away photo processor. Really impressive.