Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I need a second camera?

What is the best camera for a second camera? I have a k10D camera now or should purchase the k20D for a second camera?

12-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PHOTOCOP Quote
What is the best camera for a second camera? I have a k10D camera now or should purchase the k20D for a second camera?
I guess in this case K20D will be your first camera then
12-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

agree with deejjjaaaa on the K20D issue.
but you could get K100DS or K200 or K-m/2000 as a second body
anyway, good luck choosing
BR
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

why not get another K10D, they are practically dirt cheap in the "marketplace" here on the forum.

Agreed about the K20D...that would more logically be your "first" and the K10D would be the "backup", etc.

Jason

12-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
why not get another K10D, they are practically dirt cheap in the "marketplace" here on the forum.

Agreed about the K20D...that would more logically be your "first" and the K10D would be the "backup", etc.

Jason
That would be good option to have two K10D. I forgot about that one
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I was looking for a 2nd body ... and decided to go a 2nd K10D.

I was thinking about a K100DS at one point ... but then I'd have to get used to a slightly different camera with different settings and one less dial ... just to make it easy I bought an identical camera to my main body.

Just makes the transition from body to body seamless.

If you have the cash for a K20D though ... go for it ... I just got a K10D at the time as it was $500AUD for a "in-new" condition 2nd hand body ... was half the price of what i purchased my original for brand new.
12-11-2008, 05:58 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how about an *istD

first of all, this is posted in teh wrong place,

I don't know what you plan to do with the second body, but one thing I would recommend you consider is a second body does not need to be the same as your prime body. In fact, my preference is the second body shouid do something your first can't do.

For me, I started with an *sitD and moved up to a K10D, but I kept the *istD for several reasons, even though for example a K100DS might have more features and better image processing speed performance.

1) the *istD meters much better with manual lenses than the K10D by this I mean that the K10D can have exposure errors up to +/- 2 stops dependingon the apature selected on the lens for metering, the *istD meters with all 8 of my manual apature lenses within +/- 1/2 stop.

2) the *istD supports both P-TTL and TTL flash, both with the internal and external flashes, no other DSLR does this, (the DS can do TTL but only for the external flash)

3) 3200 ISO

4) dual thumbwheel controls keep the functionality very similar to the K10D

If you don't want to use manual apature lenses, then your choise is much simpler, upgrade to the K20 and keep the K10D as a second body. because the controls are the same, and if you have a grio I believe it can be used on both bodies

12-12-2008, 04:31 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Another K10D, or a K20D.

c[_]