Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #1

K10D viewfinder upgrade

Hi

I was wondering how to upgrade K10Ds already excellent viewfinder bacause I like to shoot much focusing manual.

So I was wondering if you here have good ideas for that. From the internet I have found some magnificer eyecups but i'm not sure how it works. And a friend of mine said that there could be the old style "pentaprism" (i'm not sure what's the word, because english is not my native language, anyway) viewfinder wich works much like old SLR viewfinders?

any info appreciated!

greets
Juho

12-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Hi Juho, folks! how's it going?

QuoteOriginally posted by jaitas Quote
Hi

I was wondering how to upgrade K10Ds already excellent viewfinder bacause I like to shoot much focusing manual.

<...>Juho
I have the Katzeye for my K20D & the "jinfinance" from Ebay on the K10D... I recommend the Katzeye, even though it is more pricey than the Ebay one, but I think it's a bit brighter... and it's horizontal, instead of diagonal...
Regards,
Ed
12-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you want a bigger viewfinder, I highly recommend the KPS 1.3x magnifying eyepiece. I tried it alongside the Pentax magnifyer and I find it to be superior. It's VERY well-made. You can get it on ebay, search up "U-13C magnifying" or "KPS 1.3x" or something similar.
12-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers, now I'll just have to look up places in Finland that sell such magnifiers!

-Juho

12-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the answers, now I'll just have to look up places in Finland that sell such magnifiers!

-Juho
Best of luck! The KPS one is made in Korea so it might be hard to find. The ebay seller ships them worldwide though.

Check it out at:

YouTube - KPS 1.3x Universal Magnifying Eyepiece
12-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Hi

So I was wondering if you here have good ideas for that. From the internet I have found some magnificer eyecups but i'm not sure how it works. And a friend of mine said that there could be the old style "pentaprism" (i'm not sure what's the word, because english is not my native language, anyway) viewfinder wich works much like old SLR viewfinders?

any info appreciated!

greets
Juho
Two words (or one hyphenated one):
Katz-Eye.

Their screen made a huge difference to my manual focusing.