Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #1

Pentax Headquaters/Museum in Japan

Hi all,

I am a Pentaxian through and through. Every camera i've ever owned has been a Pentax.

I will be in Japan for 5 days on the way to Europe in December this year and was wondering if Pentax has headquaters or a mueseum that can be vistied by the public. I'd love to check it out, possibly buy some stuff.

Does anyone know if there is anything like this in Japan, if so where? I'll be in Toyko and south for my 5 days.

I've tried doing a search on the net but it has proved inconclusive to date. Thought i'd try some like minded Pentaxians and see if any of you guys knew anything.

Cheers,

switch79

03-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Gooooooogle:Pentax Museum
03-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
Giddy Up!

Thats great, i'll be sure to make that a stop on my travels.

Cheers
03-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Bring some souvenirs haha. jkjk. Just remember to get lots of photos! (if the museum allows for it)

03-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Here's a link:

PENTAX About PENTAX

Have fun!
03-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

There are mainly two places you can visit at Tokyo, the "Pentax Forum" (not here, haha), located at Shinjuki which is very easy to reach as it is in the town centre.

For the Pentax museum, it is at non-urban region, you can go only by bus. The bus is in about 1 hour frequency and the "last" bus in the day in not quite late in the evening. You can go there and leave at some "citizen's house" (some kind of motel) for one night and the natural scenes there are inspiring and you can go to the Pentax museum "freely" if you stay overnight there.

For more info and if you can read Japanese, here is the detailed info:-

PENTAX 会社情報

If you have only 5 days in Japan, you may be in a hurry, though.

Good travelling anyway!

QuoteOriginally posted by switch79 Quote
Hi all,

I am a Pentaxian through and through. Every camera i've ever owned has been a Pentax.

I will be in Japan for 5 days on the way to Europe in December this year and was wondering if Pentax has headquaters or a mueseum that can be vistied by the public. I'd love to check it out, possibly buy some stuff.

Does anyone know if there is anything like this in Japan, if so where? I'll be in Toyko and south for my 5 days.

I've tried doing a search on the net but it has proved inconclusive to date. Thought i'd try some like minded Pentaxians and see if any of you guys knew anything.

Cheers,

switch79
03-13-2007, 03:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
There are mainly two places you can visit at Tokyo, the "Pentax Forum" (not here, haha), located at Shinjuki which is very easy to reach as it is in the town centre.

For the Pentax museum, it is at non-urban region, you can go only by bus. The bus is in about 1 hour frequency and the "last" bus in the day in not quite late in the evening. You can go there and leave at some "citizen's house" (some kind of motel) for one night and the natural scenes there are inspiring and you can go to the Pentax museum "freely" if you stay overnight there.

For more info and if you can read Japanese, here is the detailed info:-

PENTAX 会社情報
It's only 2km from Mashiko Station. Taxis and business hotels would be a better bet than the city bus and minshuku. Only problem is, from Tokyo you have to change train lines a few times.

03-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #8
Veteran Member

They have a nice website for anyone interested:
PENTAX CAMERA MUSEUM