Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tppentax Quote
Anyway, this is my last post. The only reason to return is to offer you two pictures from our country (a small church near Athens, and Sounio).
Those two shots are marvellous! Thank You.

And I would appreciate if you stayed.

12-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
and remember last year, with the K20D/K200D rumor threads, Adam having to upgrade the server because it was getting choked!!! where are all those people now, those that caused so much controversy's and some seriously aggressive threads.

much like Peter said, i very much appreciate this forums brand neutrality, and still, on a daily basis some sort of brand degrading or promoting post creeps up, and more often than not by people who are new to the forum.
A new guy on the forum is not going to understand our past here, or understand that something has been talked about before. They will also not understand what ticks you off. Nobody is perfect and we all have our different personalities. Being rude to them isn't going to solve the problem or make it go away. We can scare away a newbie, but one will be right behind him to take his place.

I guess we have to decide if this is an open forum for all points of view, regardless of whether we agree with them or get "upset" because someone doesn't know what we dislike, or if it's a closed forum for a "cliche" of people who jump on anyone who appears to be an outsider and "doesn't understand" what you expect....whatever that is. I didn't read anything aggressive or bad in the OP's post. He was just trying to get a conversation started.

Learn to live with folks who rub you the wrong way. After all Goosh, we live with you!
12-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tppentax Quote
Dear Peter Zack

Although I can’t see your point not making any noise about Pentax brand (too much… Pentanxiety) I’m very happy to meet a polite voice over here. And I’m very pleased to hear that your homeland is Greece.
Anyway, this is my last post. The only reason to return is to offer you two pictures from our country (a small church near Athens, and Sounio). The shots were taken with K20D two days ago (it’s so windy these days and we have –at last- some decent light, not the harsh greek light of the summer). Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks and “gia hara”.
thanks for sharing these two wonderful shots tppentax, pls don't get discourage if you received some negative feedback. I know how you feel about your Pentax, you feel good about it at a fraction of a cost of the same setup from the big 2. Keep us posted.

rene