Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2022, 04:25 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't know if you saw my "only" wildlife pictures of the last 5 years ... lol ! Taken with my HD DA 55-300 mm WR @ 300 mm FL. Quite sharp despite the subject hearing the camera shutter and preparing to bounce towards safety.

Regards

05-20-2022, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cls Quote
Hello again,

Something like 2 years ago I ventured into the forums here to get advice on upgrading my workhorse K20D. I was eyeing the K3, specifically focusing on improvements on auto-focus, speed for dog, kid, wildlife action, and low light performance. I got a lot of useful food for thought specifically advice to give the KP another look. I did, but it's image quality and fps etc advantages just couldn't overcome some other things I valued more esoterically (handling especially with large lenses, lack of LCD, some other things). So I kept my eye on the marketplace and so very limited used market here in Canada for a K3, and just kept missing opportunity after opportunity.

I am still looking for an upgrade, and now the K3iii has got some more usage history. Whereas the onboard flash was a deterrent for me at first for the K3ii, given my frustration at obtaining a new camera, it now seems like a small issue if I can get a small external on-camera flash, especially if the k3iii overcomes any drawbacks of the k3.

I would greatly appreciate any insights on handling, image quality, higher iso capability (like, max 3200-6400, I cannot see myself using ISO higher than that ever), speed, compared to the K3 and KP in particular. I have considered the K1 as well, but the speed is a deal breaker for me.

Thank you in advance!
If you can afford it, go for the K3III. The K3 is a 10 year old camera, and while it was great in it's day (and solved all the HOYA induced junk problems), the K3III is a better all round camera.