Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K10D Grand Prix

Finding out about this collectors camera has really swayed my decision to want to switch to Pentax, the only problem is that I can't find one. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? I saw one on ebay, but it's based in Turkey so I'm not sure if I trust the seller.

12-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If you buy a used K10D Grand Prix, try to get the original packaging in came in. Pentax won some awards for the design/printing quality of that packaging.
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hmmm.. Pentax here in the Philippines still sells them can't find any other place where it is available though except ebay. Hope you can find one.
12-10-2008, 12:01 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by inuafrj Quote
Hmmm.. Pentax here in the Philippines still sells them can't find any other place where it is available though except ebay. Hope you can find one.
How much do they sell for in the Philippines?

12-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I was going to ask the same.
12-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Ask Pentax HQ they maybe able to tell which dealers still have some stock.
12-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by allill Quote
How much do they sell for in the Philippines?
I'll check with them again last i checked is 39000PHP I think which is around 820USD..
I'll post it a little later..

12-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
Inactive Account

K10D Grand Prix

I called the Pentax Distributor here and asked the K10D grand prix price. It costs PHP45000 for the body with battery pack (i think she meant the BG2 grip). Apparently there is only 1 left in stock and only one Pentax Showroom has it. I converted 45000PHP in Google it is 946.575USD. Hope this helps.
12-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #9

I called the Pentax Distributor here and asked the K10D grand prix price. It costs PHP45000 for the body with battery pack (i think she meant the BG2 grip). Apparently there is only 1 left in stock and only one Pentax Showroom has it. I converted 45000PHP in Google it is 946.575USD. Hope this helps.
Wow! That's K20D money! Not that I wouldn't mind having the GP edition, but for that money I would go with the newer.

Btw, are there a lot of good stores in PI?
12-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by allill Quote
Wow! That's K20D money! Not that I wouldn't mind having the GP edition, but for that money I would go with the newer.

Btw, are there a lot of good stores in PI?
I only know 2 Pentax distributors here. I think that C and N are the most common brands here but C has more presence in the malls.. N you can get from online retailers..

There is an area here where there are lots of camera gears (both used and new) which you can get for bargain prices. Sadly, shops there offer C, N, O, and S mostly, Pentax gear only comes from .. But I was able to buy a used Viv 2x TC there, I plan to go back and see if I can get K and M primes.
12-11-2008, 01:41 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm, the ebay one is $700. The idea of a collectors edition DSLR just makes me want it so much more!
12-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #12

I only know 2 Pentax distributors here. I think that C and N are the most common brands here but C has more presence in the malls.. N you can get from online retailers..

There is an area here where there are lots of camera gears (both used and new) which you can get for bargain prices. Sadly, shops there offer C, N, O, and S mostly, Pentax gear only comes from .. But I was able to buy a used Viv 2x TC there, I plan to go back and see if I can get K and M primes.
If you can let me know where I will visit that area.
12-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Dunno, craving a * or Limited lens for build/IQ quality, I can understand. The problem with a collector's edition of a DSLR is that it will quickly get outdated (remember Apple's "U2" iPod?) and really has no significant value other than labeling.

Correct me if I'm missing something here...

QuoteOriginally posted by sflights Quote
Hmmm, the ebay one is $700. The idea of a collectors edition DSLR just makes me want it so much more!
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, but the uniqueness of the camera itself is enough for me.
12-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #15

It's a nice bit of kit, and the brown does look a lot better in the flesh, honestly!

It's the simple things that make the difference though, the strap is a lot better (and leather), a proper solid body cap that locks on, the matching grip etc.etc.

The packaging is pretty impressive and it also comes with a booklet explaining the differences in firmware V1.3, the only downside for me is that I am not that keen on the gold lettering, but it doesn't look out of place.

When we bought ours, it was at the same price as buying body and grip separately, so for me it was an easy choice as the uniqueness that adds that little bit extra to it.

Makes me think though that they should always do a bundle with grip included and chuck in a spare battery with it as well as the tiny IR remote, then price it the same as body + grip. Think that would make a good addition to the value for money proposition!