Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2022, 11:05 AM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 56
Park Cameras Pentax KP special offer. Anyone manage to get one?

Hi All,

I spotted a great deal for a Pentak KP on the Park Cameras website back in November last year.
This is the offer, Pentax KP DSLR With HD DA 18-50mm F/4-5.6 DC WR RE Lens Kit Black for 749.
They were awaiting stock at that time, and quoted 5-7 days for the stock to be available.
The deal seemed to be too good to be true. or to miss, so I ordered.
I'm still waiting, and the latest estimate from Park for stock to arrive is 25th February, which will be three months from the date that I ordered.
Here's a link to the page Pentax KP And 18-50mm WR Lens Kit Black | Park Cameras
A couple of questions for forum members.
Has anyone on the forum had any success at all in actually getting this deal from Park?
Is a three month wait for this sort of offer normal?
It has been many years since I bought a new camera, so I really don't want to be too critical of Park Cameras, (who I understand are a good retailer), if this sort of wait is common.
It just seems a bit off when they quoted 5-7 days initially for stock to be available.

Stephen

01-16-2022, 11:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,585
QuoteOriginally posted by stephen_G Quote
if this sort of wait is common.
Not in normal times, but the virus has made everything difficult. I guess you have not tried to buy any semi-conductors recently ?

Call them. I have dealt with them many times over almost 20 years. Very professional company.
01-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,435
i know nothing about Park Camera, but I'm extremely skeptical since the KP was discontinued by Ricoh Imaging nearly a year ago. Where is their stock coming from? I'd call them too.
01-16-2022, 01:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
luftfluss's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,719
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
i know nothing about Park Camera, but I'm extremely skeptical since the KP was discontinued by Ricoh Imaging nearly a year ago. Where is their stock coming from? I'd call them too.
They are in the UK. Excellent ratings at Trustpilot: Park Cameras Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.parkcameras.com

01-16-2022, 02:04 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Garden of Eden, Kent
Posts: 28
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
. I have dealt with them many times over almost 20 years. Very professional company.
I agree - professional and reliable UK supplier. That's a v good deal given they now advertise the body at 999. Well worth the wait though - excellent camera.
01-17-2022, 01:52 AM   #6
Pentaxian
AfterPentax Mark II's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 855
Hi Stephen, this offer seems to good to be true. Ricoh Europe sold out their KP stock just after the announcement from Japan that the KP was discontinued. I bought the KP with the grip and bag then. From early May or June most kits were sold out and at the moment there is no stock of either KP version or any kit. So I hope for you they found a hidden mine of KP's to bring to the surface. For it is such a good camera especially with a good quality lens it shines!
01-17-2022, 02:45 AM   #7
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 56
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Not in normal times, but the virus has made everything difficult. I guess you have not tried to buy any semi-conductors recently ?

Call them. I have dealt with them many times over almost 20 years. Very professional company.
Thanks, I contacted them back in December and they gave me an estimate of 14th January for stock to arrive.
I appreciate that there is an issue with semi-conductors and that is most notably impacting the motor industry, and
I guess other industries. I would assume though that as the KP is discontinued, Pentax are no longer making the camera,
so supply of semi-conductors wouldn't be an issue (I may be wrong in that assumption).

---------- Post added 01-17-22 at 02:47 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
i know nothing about Park Camera, but I'm extremely skeptical since the KP was discontinued by Ricoh Imaging nearly a year ago. Where is their stock coming from? I'd call them too.
I have been in touch with Park and they gave a revised estimate of 14th January, which has since been revised again to late February.

---------- Post added 01-17-22 at 02:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
They are in the UK. Excellent ratings at Trustpilot: Park Cameras Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.parkcameras.com
I agree their reviews are excellent, and that gave me confidence to place the order.

---------- Post added 01-17-22 at 02:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Hi Stephen, this offer seems to good to be true. Ricoh Europe sold out their KP stock just after the announcement from Japan that the KP was discontinued. I bought the KP with the grip and bag then. From early May or June most kits were sold out and at the moment there is no stock of either KP version or any kit. So I hope for you they found a hidden mine of KP's to bring to the surface. For it is such a good camera especially with a good quality lens it shines!
I hope too that they have found supplies of the KP. Presumably as they continue to give me estimated dates for stock to be with them, they must be getting informartion from their supplier to support those estimates.

01-17-2022, 02:53 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas / Yucatan
Posts: 1,430
QuoteOriginally posted by stephen_G Quote
I have been in touch with Park and they gave a revised estimate of 14th January, which has since been revised again to late February.
I'd be very curious to know where they've found a stock of them or even that they have found a stock of them, but wonderful news if you get a new KP.
They seem to have become 'unobtainium' in the US. I have my fingers crossed that we hear happy news from you in February!
01-17-2022, 02:54 AM   #9
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 56
Original Poster
It would also be interesting to know if anyone on the forum has actually received cameras from this offer since it was announced by Park.
01-21-2022, 03:29 PM   #10
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Garden of Eden, Kent
Posts: 28
I contacted Ricoh Europe (they have a similar offer: PENTAX KP Silver + smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR for 766 - but 'out of stock') on 18 Jan. Said they'd get back in 2 days - still waiting. Will post when/if I get an answer.
01-22-2022, 03:14 AM   #11
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 56
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pegasus53 Quote
I contacted Ricoh Europe (they have a similar offer: PENTAX KP Silver + smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR for 766 - but 'out of stock') on 18 Jan. Said they'd get back in 2 days - still waiting. Will post when/if I get an answer.
Thanks for that information, very interesting.
01-22-2022, 07:32 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Jeff's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Berkshire, England
Posts: 647
I saw the deal - in fact it was me who pointed it out to you on this very forum, and whilst I didn't go for that one I did recently buy an 'as new' KP from Park Cameras. I was browsing the "discontinued" section on their website and noticed a silver KP for 499, with 700 odd actuations. It was described as black on their site but I correlated the serial number on the camera to the serial number listed in their particulars section and the two matched.

So I bought it.

Very fortunate, I know.

It's well worth trawling the various websites and looking for used/open box/discontinued equipment. I'd also suggest typing in 'Pentax KP' into the MPB site and asking for product notifications. I know it's a faff, but the KP is such a capable camera (I'm getting to know it better the second time round) that it is worth the detective work. Sorry you haven't got yours yet but as other posters have said, I'd call them up - Park that is. They are a good bunch of people and I've bought from them before.
01-23-2022, 03:04 AM - 1 Like   #13
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 56
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
I saw the deal - in fact it was me who pointed it out to you on this very forum, and whilst I didn't go for that one I did recently buy an 'as new' KP from Park Cameras. I was browsing the "discontinued" section on their website and noticed a silver KP for 499, with 700 odd actuations. It was described as black on their site but I correlated the serial number on the camera to the serial number listed in their particulars section and the two matched.

So I bought it.

Very fortunate, I know.

It's well worth trawling the various websites and looking for used/open box/discontinued equipment. I'd also suggest typing in 'Pentax KP' into the MPB site and asking for product notifications. I know it's a faff, but the KP is such a capable camera (I'm getting to know it better the second time round) that it is worth the detective work. Sorry you haven't got yours yet but as other posters have said, I'd call them up - Park that is. They are a good bunch of people and I've bought from them before.
Thanks for the info Jeff, well done on getting the as new KP.
I have been in touch with them, and they said that they would update me when stock arrives.
04-12-2022, 06:45 AM   #14
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2015
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,680
QuoteOriginally posted by stephen_G Quote
Thanks for the info Jeff, well done on getting the as new KP.
I have been in touch with them, and they said that they would update me when stock arrives.
Any news on the KP yet?

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, cameras pentax kp, dslr, estimate, forum, hope, issue, january, kp, offer, park, pentax, photography, post, reviews, ricoh, sort, stock, times
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KP Special Offer! (October 2019) kypfer Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 10-27-2019 12:24 PM
Polarr Pro photo editor - special offer in Windows Store BigMackCam Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 12-23-2016 08:28 AM
Polarr Pro photo editor - special offer in Windows Store BigMackCam Pentax Price Watch 10 10-28-2016 12:53 PM
Anyone miss this news: Digital River to manage Pentax online sales pentaman Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 11-09-2009 10:00 AM
For Sale - Sold: Brand New K20D w/ Warranty, $900 (Special offer!) Adam Sold Items 58 10-18-2008 01:33 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top